Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Daily Picture Craft/Scrapbooks?

  1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    KnittingGuamMama's Avatar
    KnittingGuamMama is online now
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kings Bay, GA
    Posts
    6,535

    #1

    Daily Picture Craft/Scrapbooks?

    Advertisements
    I've mentioned a few times but DH is leaving very soon. It's the first one away from Emmett and the first long one where Wyatt is actively aware of the situation. This is soon to mid-late May so 2-3mos,ish. This is the final mission/underway before we rotate to shore duty for 3.5yrs BUT we will be separated for 6mos while he's in school in VA and I'm with the kids in Georgia.

    DH is having a rough time since he will be missing a lot of Emmett's milestones and, of course, Wyatt between when this underway starts and then when we actually move.

    I'm thinking that I'm going to try to keep some sort of picture journal of the boys for DH but not entirely sure how I want to go about it. I really love scrapbooks but I'm not the most creative person with this kind of stuff and I don't really have an 'eye' for it, I sew and knit, not artsy stuff.

    I thought about doing shutterfly printed books but they're a little impersonal to me and I'd like to be able to include actual 'stuff' like Wyatt's coloring pages or crafts.

    Not really sure what I'm looking for, actually, I'm wondering if anyone's ever done something like this before or possibly blogs or something with some really great ideas? I sit on pinterest but a lot of that stuff is way out of my league.
  2. La vie boheme
    Hope's Avatar
    Hope is offline
    La vie boheme
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    29,074

    #2
    Hmmm... well you could go about it a few ways.

    1.You can do free online scrapbooks for say each month and send him the link.
    2. Keep a journal in the diaper bag to record all of those memorable moments, take a photo of the event, and then combine the two later on.
    3. Use one of those shutterfly or walmart albums BUT add some blank pages that you can modify with those super special things.

    Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  3. La vie boheme
    Hope's Avatar
    Hope is offline
    La vie boheme
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    29,074

    #3
    I am super artsy fartsy but I've never been much of a sit down and scrapbook kinda girl. I will say that a lot of companies will do the work for you and come with kits already assembled AND I loooove embellishments for making things personal. So many craft stores have stickers that are very unique to a specific moment and are a great way to incorporate certain things. Grab a few colored pens and voila.

    Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wild*Rose's Avatar
    Wild*Rose is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,429


    #4
    a friend of mine did a year of her sons life on fb...not really something you can keep but it was something her husband could see while he was gone....she did a different picture every day it was pretty cool
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    KnittingGuamMama's Avatar
    KnittingGuamMama is online now
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kings Bay, GA
    Posts
    6,535

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Hmmm... well you could go about it a few ways.

    1.You can do free online scrapbooks for say each month and send him the link.
    2. Keep a journal in the diaper bag to record all of those memorable moments, take a photo of the event, and then combine the two later on.
    3. Use one of those shutterfly or walmart albums BUT add some blank pages that you can modify with those super special things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    I am super artsy fartsy but I've never been much of a sit down and scrapbook kinda girl. I will say that a lot of companies will do the work for you and come with kits already assembled AND I loooove embellishments for making things personal. So many craft stores have stickers that are very unique to a specific moment and are a great way to incorporate certain things. Grab a few colored pens and voila.
    Thanks, Hope! I never really thought of personalizing within a shutterfly album That's a good idea, I'll have to start finding free codes

    Quote Originally Posted by *Blondie* View Post
    a friend of mine did a year of her sons life on fb...not really something you can keep but it was something her husband could see while he was gone....she did a different picture every day it was pretty cool
    I thought about doing that except for his mission/deployment, he's on a submarine so no facebook, no internet, and only sailor-mail which we're pretty sure we won't even get most of this one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •