Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: What Blog Site?

  1. scotlandgrl53
    eelizah's Avatar
    eelizah is offline
    scotlandgrl53
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fort Polk
    Posts
    4,258
    Blog Entries
    1
    #1

    What Blog Site?

    Advertisements
    So I'm thinking of starting a Blog. I've wanted to for a while but have been struggling with a subject. I think I have finally found but I'm wondering what blog site most people use. I know there are quite a few bloggers on here.

    Some of the things I am looking for: I am envisioning being able to connect it easily with other social media things like twitter, instagram, etc. I think I will be posting pictures and ideas quite often but I don't want to be limited to the room I have for typing. I would like it to be easily searchable, or at least convertible to searchable. Ummm... I would like it to be able to grow with me. Which kind of fits in with the becoming searchable. I don't really have the money to put into it now so preferably free but I'm open to anything

    So yeah! Any ideas which site I should use or what you enjoy using?
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

    So don't let me



    I AshleyO
  2. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mrs.Mermaid.'s Avatar
    Mrs.Mermaid. is offline
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ocean Blue
    Posts
    31,068

    #2
    I have a self hosted domain which uses wordpress
    I also have a wordpress.com blog as well.

    I've tried blogger, blogspot but I didn't enjoy them.
  3. scotlandgrl53
    eelizah's Avatar
    eelizah is offline
    scotlandgrl53
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fort Polk
    Posts
    4,258
    Blog Entries
    1
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooUnicorn! View Post
    I have a self hosted domain which uses wordpress
    I also have a wordpress.com blog as well.

    I've tried blogger, blogspot but I didn't enjoy them.
    WordPress is where I'm leaning it was number 1 ranked on 2014 Blog comparisons... Thanks for your input!
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

    So don't let me



    I AshleyO
  4. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mrs.Mermaid.'s Avatar
    Mrs.Mermaid. is offline
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ocean Blue
    Posts
    31,068

    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by eelizah View Post
    WordPress is where I'm leaning it was number 1 ranked on 2014 Blog comparisons... Thanks for your input!

    Wordpress will give you all the options you want and if you ever move to self hosting, you can transfer everything over pretty easily as well.
  5. I Will Rise Above
    Never a *Just*'s Avatar
    Never a *Just* is offline
    I Will Rise Above
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    21,104

  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Procella's Avatar
    Procella is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,983
    #6
    I use wordpress too and my sites are hosted by inmotion which I believe I paid a chunk to do, there are probably less initial cost heavy places.
  7. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    PinkyLee's Avatar
    PinkyLee is offline
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bristol, TN
    Posts
    2,248
    Blog Entries
    2
    #7
    ah I am so glad you posted this. I was about to do the same thing! lol I've been wanting to start a blog for awhile. I'm just super nervous about getting it started. I want to make sure I pick the right site. I've definitely heard great things about wordpress though.

    But how do you go about following other bloggers and getting people to follow you? I'm so confused by all this. haha

    Jen2407 is my Wifey!


    Come Check us out... Items designed for MilSo's!!
    Operation Military Sweethearts
  8. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mrs.Mermaid.'s Avatar
    Mrs.Mermaid. is offline
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ocean Blue
    Posts
    31,068

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkyLee View Post
    ah I am so glad you posted this. I was about to do the same thing! lol I've been wanting to start a blog for awhile. I'm just super nervous about getting it started. I want to make sure I pick the right site. I've definitely heard great things about wordpress though.

    But how do you go about following other bloggers and getting people to follow you? I'm so confused by all this. haha

    Not many people follow my blog mainly because I suck at updating it lol

    I was/am apart of forums related to blogging so that's how I follow people. Some of the people I've also followed around the blog-o-sphere for YEARS.

    You just have to get to know people, comment, share, like what they are doing and people will do the same for you
  9. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    PinkyLee's Avatar
    PinkyLee is offline
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bristol, TN
    Posts
    2,248
    Blog Entries
    2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooUnicorn! View Post
    Not many people follow my blog mainly because I suck at updating it lol

    I was/am apart of forums related to blogging so that's how I follow people. Some of the people I've also followed around the blog-o-sphere for YEARS.

    You just have to get to know people, comment, share, like what they are doing and people will do the same for you


    awesome! I'll have to see if I can find some good blogger communities. Thanks!

    Jen2407 is my Wifey!


    Come Check us out... Items designed for MilSo's!!
    Operation Military Sweethearts
  10. Senior Member
    ChandyPandy's Avatar
    ChandyPandy is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fort Meade, MD
    Posts
    23,107
    #10
    I also use wordpress.

    As far as finding people to follow/follow you as you're getting started - Wordpress has a feed that lets you know who has recently posted blogs, which is how a lot of people find my blog, I think. Also, you can find blogs related to certain topics - so tagging your posts is always a good idea. I have 67 followers right now. I don't really get interaction with anyone on my blog, but I'm going to try and work on increasing that.
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

    My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •