Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Drawing tablet and software

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Drawing tablet and software

Advertisements
    I am interested in a drawing tablet (PC compatible) and some software to use for simple drawings, like a comic strip. I want to be able to create the images using a pen and do simple arranging and editing with the software. I'm very much a beginner so I was hoping someone here had experience with this technology and could offer me some insight.
  2. Senior Member
    Wacom I believe is one of the best brands. You can find them all over and in different levels for uses.

Drivers are downloadable, you can buy a used one on ebay or wherever and if there is no software it would be no biggie due to that fact.

Another brand is bamboo but that brand is in my opinion just eh.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Pm me your Addy. I have one we don't use anymore. Its by mono price. Great reviews.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Wacom I believe is one of the best brands. You can find them all over and in different levels for uses.

Drivers are downloadable, you can buy a used one on ebay or wherever and if there is no software it would be no biggie due to that fact.

Another brand is bamboo but that brand is in my opinion just eh.
    I just want to point out that "Bamboo" is Wacom. It's just a style of the Wacom tablet that's called Bamboo. I've gotten two. The smaller Bamboo with 6.5x4" active area and the mid sized one with 8.5x5". A lot of people will tell you to start out smaller, but I would go with as big as you want since it allows you to adjust the active area (so if you only want/need to use half the tablet you can have only half of it respond to your pen). Also, there's a few programs you can install from the on-screen dock that comes with the software, and mine came with Corel Painter Essentials (more for detailed painting rather than comic style drawing). I haven't looked in a while but I know there's a few drawing programs so I wouldn't be surprised if there was one geared towards comic strips. If not, I know there are plenty of programs out there designed for just that. Free ones include Gimp which is like the little brother of Photoshop. Paid ones I recommend would be pretty much anything Adobe makes. Photoshop being the best for beginners IMO.