Thread: Felted Soap!

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

Felted Soap!

Advertisements
    Has anyone done this? Heard of it?

I just found out about this Friday and watched some videos. My good friend makes homemade soap that is amazing. And soon I'm going to have FIBER to felt! WIN/WIN! LOL.

So today I'm going to try this with a bar of dove with my crazy colored wool. Apparently the fiber around the soap is amazing for exfoliating the skin. This woman here in the link that makes these told me she hasn't used anything but felted soap on her face in 4 years! Can't wait to try it today. I'll post pics later!

2. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Would the fibers clog your drain though? I am intrigued but it looks like it could get messy.
  3. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebee View Post
    Would the fibers clog your drain though? I am intrigued but it looks like it could get messy.
    I DON'T KNOW! LOL.

I think the felt stays the same shape and doesn't fall apart. But not sure. I'm going to experiment today. And I'll let ya'll know.
  4. Senior Member
    The fiber should felt around the soap- anything that comes loose will be shorter than human hair, so it wouldn't clog drains, and it it would be individual fibers, not a huge chunk.

I LOVE the felted soaps I use, but I will say that I am picky. I would rather buy handmade scented soaps than generic dove inside something like that. If I'm going to spring for luxury, I'd rather go all the way. Just a POV from someone who has a felted soap addiction.

ETA: The fiber just keeps shrinking and felting around the soap, until there is no soap in the center and it's just a felted scrubbie.

5. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glg_girl View Post
    The fiber should felt around the soap- anything that comes loose will be shorter than human hair, so it wouldn't clog drains, and it it would be individual fibers, not a huge chunk.

I LOVE the felted soaps I use, but I will say that I am picky. I would rather buy handmade scented soaps than generic dove inside something like that. If I'm going to spring for luxury, I'd rather go all the way. Just a POV from someone who has a felted soap addiction.

ETA: The fiber just keeps shrinking and felting around the soap, until there is no soap in the center and it's just a felted scrubbie.

AH! Awesome!! Yeah, I plan on using my friend's homemade soap eventually but to try my very first one, I don't want to have to drive all the way over to his house to get some, so I'm going to use what i have in the house! LOL.
  6. Senior Member
    I think using a soap specifically formulated for faces would be a good idea if you end up doing these to be sold.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I think using a soap specifically formulated for faces would be a good idea if you end up doing these to be sold.
    Agree!
  8. Senior Member
    Hmm. That's pretty interesting!
  9. Senior Member
    This is awesome, I've honestly never heard of this before!!! I see me making these in the near future.

10. Senior Member
    You might also play around with making felt drawstring bags so people could reuse them by putting in their own soap. IDK if it would work (or how long they'd last), but that might sell better because it would last for more than one bar (assuming the felt would stand up to at least a few bars) so people would be more willing to spend money on it.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast