Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: WIP

  1. Regular Member
    omg_dbl_rnbw's Avatar
    omg_dbl_rnbw is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    240
    #1

    WIP

    Advertisements


    Really not sure quite where I'm going with this. Obviously some kind of vector, but not sure how I'm going to finish this up.
    Also, I'm not 100% with the tentacles. It's supposed to be an octopus (I haven't added suckers yet).
    Please excuse the bits of the girl's lineart that are poking through the tentacles lineart.
    Just starting out in Illustrator so my lines are NOT as smooth as they usually are in photoshop.
    But yeah, it's just not looking quite...right to me. Any suggestions? Ideas?

    (LOOOOL My daughter was standing at the desk with me and started going "Kika! Kika!" and I was like dafug she sayin'? And then I realized she was saying kitty cat because of my sig. Ahhhh, adorable. Now she's walking around going "Weeeooooweeooo!!")
  2. Regular Member
    omg_dbl_rnbw's Avatar
    omg_dbl_rnbw is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    240
    #2


    That's what I had yesterday. Was not happy with it AT ALL. Then my buddy suggested I have her pulling her skin off with some kind of weird texture underneath, but I went for a skeleton instead which you can click on the link below to see what I have now since the girl is "nude" (it's some poorly outlined boobs, just as a forewarning, it's not at all pornographic).

    skinny.jpg Photo by j-dead | Photobucket

    It's still rough, but I'm wayyyy happier with it.

    And fyi skinny isn't supposed to have anything to do with weight. It's more of a "skin"-y. Because she's pulling on her skin. I just needed a quick name so I could save it as jpeg, and that was the first thing that popped into my head. Just in case you were wondering.............................................
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Anthiea's Avatar
    Anthiea is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,774
    #3
    Looking pretty legit . I like the idea but the skin is looking more like cloth with an opening than actual skin.

    ~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  4. Regular Member
    omg_dbl_rnbw's Avatar
    omg_dbl_rnbw is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    240
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    Looking pretty legit . I like the idea but the skin is looking more like cloth with an opening than actual skin.
    Thank you! Yeah, I played with the skin for hours, before settling on this. I originally had it look more like actual tearing skin, but couldn't get it right so thus the plastic look. It will probably be one of those projects I revise down the road. I dunno, I saved the layer. May have my buddy do something with it to get it looking better.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Anthiea's Avatar
    Anthiea is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,774
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by omg_dbl_rnbw View Post
    Thank you! Yeah, I played with the skin for hours, before settling on this. I originally had it look more like actual tearing skin, but couldn't get it right so thus the plastic look. It will probably be one of those projects I revise down the road. I dunno, I saved the layer. May have my buddy do something with it to get it looking better.
    That is the perk of digital art . I mainly do traditional because computers hate me .

    ~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  6. Regular Member
    omg_dbl_rnbw's Avatar
    omg_dbl_rnbw is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    240
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    That is the perk of digital art . I mainly do traditional because computers hate me .
    I can only manage digital stuff. You put a pencil or paintbrush in my hand and my brain immediately goes on vacation. It's like the first time trying to use chopsticks...
  7. Regular Member
    omg_dbl_rnbw's Avatar
    omg_dbl_rnbw is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    240
    #7
    Here's the link to it again since she still has boobs: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/j-dead/skelo.jpg

    I fixed the neck.
    I feel like it's still missing something though. I dunno.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Anthiea's Avatar
    Anthiea is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,774
    #8
    Ooo I like it a lot better! Just keep on adding texture

    ~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  9. Regular Member
    omg_dbl_rnbw's Avatar
    omg_dbl_rnbw is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    240
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    Ooo I like it a lot better! Just keep on adding texture
    That's what it is! I usually do, but I've been staring at it for too long and forgot >_< Thanks! It's getting to be that time where I read a book over some wine and pretzels, lol.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Anthiea's Avatar
    Anthiea is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,774
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by omg_dbl_rnbw View Post
    That's what it is! I usually do, but I've been staring at it for too long and forgot >_< Thanks! It's getting to be that time where I read a book over some wine and pretzels, lol.
    Haha it happens. Good luck!

    ~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •