Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ADVICE needed

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

ADVICE needed

Advertisements
    So our first wedding anniversary is coming so fast! I had posted asking for suggestions because the traditional gift is paper.... I didn't really get too many answers.

So I came up with making a book with all the letters and pictures and stuff I sent him while he was in basic. (He's a sappy kind of guy, I framed the movie tickets from our first date and gave them to him on our first date anniversary, and when anyone comes into the house he shows them off )

So I sorted all the letters by date. And now I'm stuck. I was gonna put them all in a scrapbook.... But all the letters are on different sized pieces of paper, and there's stuff on the front and back, and there's cards (so the writing is inside). I'm just staring at them like what in the world am I supposed to do now?!

HELP!! Any suggestions for how to display all of them so you can see everything on them...?
  2. Senior Member
    You could attach just the top edge of the letters so they can be lifted back, and with cards you could attache the back only, with them folded, so they can open while still being attached.

And if you are still looking for paper ideas, tickets to something that interests him (sports event, play, concert, etc.) are a great "paper" gift and the stubs can be kept as a memento.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    You could attach just the top edge of the letters so they can be lifted back, and with cards you could attache the back only, with them folded, so they can open while still being attached.

And if you are still looking for paper ideas, tickets to something that interests him (sports event, play, concert, etc.) are a great "paper" gift and the stubs can be kept as a memento.
    I thought about just attaching the tops.... But I feel like that would make it too... bulky? awkward? Like if it accidently opened the letters could get torn or something if they're just like, hanging there... ya know?

I also thought about the ticket thing, but I'm trying to be cheap
  4. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

I attached all the letters my Bigs give me to a sheet vertically like a book so that I could still read both sides easily
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My sister is heavily into scrapbooking and card making - she's made some really cool page layouts that include a pocket and she includes a note or a letter in the pocket on the page. Maybe you could try something like that for a couple of them?
  6. Senior Member
    Page protectors!
  7. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

I did that with a lot of notes/letters/pictures/movie tickets/chinese fortunes (we keep ours) in a photo album. I got one at Hallmark that can be extended and I used plastic sleeves. For smaller pieces, I used a sleeve with 2 pockets (4x6) or 4 pockets and then for the largest letters I used an 8.5x11 sleeve. And then I could also glue/scrapbook bits a pieces or pictures onto construction paper and put them in the sleeves. That way the letters dont get glued/taped/stapled etc and they are still easily displayable.

8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I like everyones suggestions... I was thinking something like page protectors, or pockets... Scrapbook pages are see through so I thought that might work too... Some of the letters are just so odd shaped...