Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need help: glider makeover

1. Senior Member

Need help: glider makeover

Advertisements
    Idk if I'm putting this in the right place but I'm thinking about reupholstering the ottoman that was given to us. It's in pretty good shape but it has a couple of stains and is the wrong color. I'd really like to paint or stain it as well. Does anyone have any experience with painting or reupholstering furniture??? TIA
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Reupholstering is easy if you have patience and the cushions come off of everything. I redid a bunch of our furniture and will be redoing the glider again to go with this baby's 'theme', as well. All I did was remove the cushions on the glider, lay and pin on the fabric super tight over every corner. Depending on how big your belly is, you may need a second had to really pull and hold tight. On the cushion on the foot stool, mine has some particle wood or something like it on the back side so I stapled the fabric down to that. On the other one, I actually used velcro and velcro'd everything to itself so the cover was removable. I was super glad I did that because many times I either sprayed milk while nursing or Wyatt spit up all over everything

As for restaining, I looked into it when we got Wyatt's crib and changing table. It was a craigslist find where I loved the crib and changer but the color was not what we wanted. It was too much work and it made me nervous because kids scratch, chew, and put their mouths on everything (yes, even the glider ) so I didn't want to mess with that. Once you reupholster, you may find that you don't mind the color as much. Once we got his bedding and stuff into his room, the color of the furniture didn't bother me as much.
  3. Senior Member
    Awesome thanks for the help! We're gonna go to the fabric store when DH gets off of work. The changing table, crib, and bassinet are all a dark brown color and the glider + ottoman are white so it totally throws me off. Hopefully when I get the new fabric on there it won't be a bad.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    Awesome thanks for the help! We're gonna go to the fabric store when DH gets off of work. The changing table, crib, and bassinet are all a dark brown color and the glider + ottoman are white so it totally throws me off. Hopefully when I get the new fabric on there it won't be a bad.
    That was the problem I had with our ottoman but once I got some fabric on it, it helped a lot! Post the fabric you find
  5. Senior Member
    I will!!