Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help/advice? THANKS!

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

Jump for Joy Help/advice? THANKS!

Advertisements
    Hey all! I need some suggestions from my favorite peeps! I make concrete home and garden decor on top of selling my Origami Owl and do craft shows on the weekends. I have an idea for my craft shows to make my product more kid friendly.

I am currently working on little critters for kids that they can paint at the show right there, then take them home!!! I know this will go over really well. But I'm stuck on what kind of paint and how to set it up so it's not super messy.

I thought about using water colors because they come in their own packaging, and it's easy to clean up. But I don't think it will be the same as the acrylic that I use for the rest of my stuff. So, if I decide to go with Acrylic paint, what do you think the best way to have it out for the kids would be? Does that make sense?

I buy it at Walmart in the little bottles. And then I pour it onto a plate to use. There has got to be a way to do this w/o causing lots of mess and waste of paint. Thoughts?

2. Senior Member
    Any chance you could find some sort of dye marker that would stain the concrete, so that they could just color the items like they do with markers at home? That seems like the most mess-free and least wasteful way to go.

You might also consider the fact that clothing is going to get ruined, which many parents are not going to be pleased about.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I would also buy some smocks for the kids. You can also buy plates and put plastic wrap over it to quickly clean up paint and cheaper then plastic.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Senior Member
    What about sponges for the kids to paint with?
    instead of squeezing paint out of those small bottles, what about the big bottles of paint with a push pump?
    Smocks
    plates
    baby wipes
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    There are those tiny paint holders with lid, the kind that come with paint by numbers. Also, I am almost positive alcohol removes acrylic paint in case there is any staining. Just have to spot treat. I like the marker idea as well.
  6. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    I would also buy some smocks for the kids. You can also buy plates and put plastic wrap over it to quickly clean up paint and cheaper then plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post
    What about sponges for the kids to paint with?
    instead of squeezing paint out of those small bottles, what about the big bottles of paint with a push pump?
    Smocks
    plates
    baby wipes
    hobby lobby and Michaels may have the bigger bottles, that may be more cost effective.
  7. Miss Suit&Tie
    Miss Suit&Tie

I think Acrylic paints might work out best. maybe having plastic plates out for them to add colour and mix paints would be best? It's been a while since I worked with kiddies though so that could turn out to be a disaster lol
  8. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    At the pottery place here, they have little plate things that have circles in them, each circle fits like one squirt of paint. There are 6 circles per 'plate'. It seems to be the best way to have the least amount of waste and the most cleanliness. There are kids from babies to teens going to this pottery place to paint all the time. The plates are washable, so it is less cost to you.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  9. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    At the pottery place here, they have little plate things that have circles in them, each circle fits like one squirt of paint. There are 6 circles per 'plate'. It seems to be the best way to have the least amount of waste and the most cleanliness. There are kids from babies to teens going to this pottery place to paint all the time. The plates are washable, so it is less cost to you.
    This was going to be my suggestion as well.