Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Art Project Help?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Art Project Help?

Advertisements
    Okay so...I'm like the least artistic person you'll ever meet. I'm taking art appreciation since it's a required course, and for some reason I actually had to make a painting.
    Only problem is I need help naming it and making it sound all artsy and whatnot.

" Each student will turn-in his/her titled finished painting with an explanation of the relevance to painting media and the work of Jackson Pollock (artist statement). Your artist statement explains your choice of color, title of painting, process of painting, and your thoughts while painting."

Well. I like pink. We were told to use black first. Champagne is one of my wedding colors. I squirted the bottle above the canvas. I was thinking "this is looking pretty shitty".

Here's my wonderful work of art

Any ideas?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Why not turn in that? I mean, maybe make it sound a little nicer... But why should you be penalized for not understanding Jackson Pollock? Sometimes I think those artists think exactly what you were thinking and then just make up stuff afterwords, just like you're doing, lol. Not everything can have that deep of a meaning all the time.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it looks like a pop tart. i like pop tarts.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I think it's kind of cool and for some reason my first thought seeing it was Audrey Hepburn. No idea why. The colors maybe?
  5. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    You should totally do a feminist take on it where the pink stands for women and the black stands for the patriarchy they are trying to transcend
    BOOM
    Name it something like
    The Inner Workings of my Mind Have Gone Pink
    lmfao
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Haha kiiddddinggg!! It looks pretty awesome!

Well, Wikipedia says that at one point, Pollock stopped naming his pieces, and resorted to numbering them instead.

From naming to numbering
    Continuing to evade the viewer's search for figurative elements in his paintings, Pollock abandoned titles and started numbering his works. He said about this: "...look passively and try to receive what the painting has to offer and not bring a subject matter or preconceived idea of what they are to be looking for." Pollock's wife, Lee Krasner, said Pollock "used to give his pictures conventional titles... but now he simply numbers them. Numbers are neutral. They make people look at a picture for what it is—pure painting."[17]
    So pick a number. Its so simple...yet so complex. You'll get an A fo'sho!
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

And btw, I totally would not have been able to even come up with that. I am totally artistically challenged so kudos. I think it's awesome.
  8. Senior Member
    Title: #69

Okay for real though, here are some vocab words that would work for this:
    Colors: harmonious and high contrast
    Process: Large paintbrush gestures to mimic that of Pollock
    Thoughts during: letting go of the typical ideas of painting figures to let the abstraction show through, which is the hallmark of Pollock.
  9. Senior Member
    name it "Frantic Love" it expresses the bliss you feel from the love you have for your SO but the frantic whirl of long distance, wedding, planning, and loving, the pink represents the tender love and sweetness the Champaign is for celebration and new beginnings and how it really brightens the dark black of the negative world.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by katebugg07 View Post
    name it "Frantic Love" it expresses the bliss you feel from the love you have for your SO but the frantic whirl of long distance, wedding, planning, and loving, the pink represents the tender love and sweetness the Champaign is for celebration and new beginnings and how it really brightens the dark black of the negative world.
    That's such a good idea!!! I love that.

Thanks everyone!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast