Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Riders?

1. Regular Member

Any Riders?

Advertisements
    I am a huge hunter jumper fan. Currently showing on my University's equestrian team but due to medical reasons I had to take some significant time off. Anyone here an avid horse lover? I sure am. I can't wait to start riding again this Summer. I've been offered an opportunity to exercise a few horse during the summer with a Trainer I've worked with for a few years on and off. I'd also love to get alittle laugh and take my boyfriend out to the riding stables and put him up on a horse (or pony). Super excited

âš“Girlfriend of a Corpsman | Loving a Corpsman, one day at a time.
  2. Studying my life away.
    Studying my life away.
    I'm a barrel racer, kind of on the opposite end of the scale, but I considered hunter jumper for a little bit after I had to put my main horse down two years ago, I just never followed through with it. I guess it's just easier to stick to what you know sometimes.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I pleasure ride. I grew up doing 4-H in a small, rural community so there were no real options for formal showing outside of that but that was okay with me because I have always more enjoyed working (uncle's cattle ranch) or pleasure riding. My daughter rides pleasure and does local 4-H where we are now - she rides both English and Western. It isn't in the cards for us to support anything above and beyond that right now.
  4. Regular Member

Respect :)

I have respect for you barrel racers! It was my favorite event to watch when I went to a couple rodeos awhile back
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post

I pleasure ride. I grew up doing 4-H in a small, rural community so there were no real options for formal showing outside of that but that was okay with me because I have always more enjoyed working (uncle's cattle ranch) or pleasure riding. My daughter rides pleasure and does local 4-H where we are now - she rides both English and Western. It isn't in the cards for us to support anything above and beyond that right now.
    Just being on the back of the horse is the best feeling in the world I'm a city mouse so it's pretty hard to find places to ride in the vicinity. 4-H is great!
  6. Studying my life away.
    Studying my life away.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorpsmanGF View Post
    I have respect for you barrel racers! It was my favorite event to watch when I went to a couple rodeos awhile back
    Thanks! It is quite the adrenaline rush, I'm super addicted to it.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Too bad you aren't closer - you could put some miles on our lazy nags, lol.
    This is my fat little mare, Yahzi (aka shortnround )

This is Katy's (my daughter) TB, Aero (formerly known as Lady Brave Heart during her brief and unsuccessful career on the track)
  8. Regular Member
    They are super cute! I am a sucker for thoroughbreds too! My first horse was an off the track thoroughbred gelding named Play the tables (his racing career wasn't so great either haha)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Too bad you aren't closer - you could put some miles on our lazy nags, lol.
    This is my fat little mare, Yahzi (aka shortnround )

This is Katy's (my daughter) TB, Aero (formerly known as Lady Brave Heart during her brief and unsuccessful career on the track)
  9. Regular Member
    I bet!!! I'd be off in a minute haha. The way those riders hang onto the saddle. There must be glue involved!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrilliantBliss View Post
    Thanks! It is quite the adrenaline rush, I'm super addicted to it.
  10. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Me!

I've been riding for 12 years. I showed mostly dressage when I was younger then moved to hunter jumper later in my teens. I had to sell my horse after my senior year of high school because I moved a long way away for college. I still work out horses for my trainer here and there but it's becoming a lot less frequent that I'm on a horse. I miss it so much. That was my whole life growing up. I wish I had more money now to get back into it but I plan to after I graduate and keep advancing in hunter jumper.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast