Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: T-Shirt Frame?

1. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

T-Shirt Frame?

Advertisements
    Is there a way to frame a t-shirt? DH's brother passed away several years ago and recently I came across his old soccer jersey from high school. I mentioned it to DH and he mentioned that it would be nice if it could be framed. I totally forgot about it until I came across the jersey again in my closet. I would like to frame it and bring it with Hawaii to me but I have no idea where to begin. I guess a good start would be to go to Michael's? There is a brand new one about 5 minutes away from me.

ETA: I'm an idiot, lol. I know there is a way to frame shirts because I've seen sports jerseys framed before. I looked up those frames and they are really expensive. Is there another way to do it?
    Last edited by Katiebeth86; 03-18-2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added something

2. Senior Member
    My DH had his dad's t-shirt framed. His dad passed away when he was 13. I think it's a really great idea. I just don't know how they framed it.
  3. Senior Member
    if a Tshirt frame is expensive....maybe put it in a show case? I know my stepdad has alotta locked showcases for his stuff. Some of them seem big enough to put a Tshirt in, if it was like half folded maybe?
    " u know those things that are like candy canes that taste like christmas in ur mouth what are those called?" " umm candy canes?" "Yeahhhh" R.I.P Christian

907Kim is my wifey
  4. Senior Member
    How to Frame a T-Shirt | eHow.com

Maybe this will help

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
  5. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by Sara87 View Post
    My DH had his dad's t-shirt framed. His dad passed away when he was 13. I think it's a really great idea. I just don't know how they framed it.
    Thanks. I know DH is going to love it. It's one of the only things we have left from his brother because after he passed, my mother in law threw everything of his away. She even threw away personal paperwork of his without shredding it. When I came across the jersey while I was packing up DH's clothes from his house for the big move, I asked her if I could have it and my MIL said yes because if I didn't take it, she would toss it. I know it would mean so much to DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanna View Post
    if a Tshirt frame is expensive....maybe put it in a show case? I know my stepdad has alotta locked showcases for his stuff. Some of them seem big enough to put a Tshirt in, if it was like half folded maybe?
    that's an idea! I am planning on folding the t-shirt so his number and last name are on display, not the rest of the shirt, so that may work.