Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle owners... What do you own?

1. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Motorcycle owners... What do you own?

Advertisements
    I know have some riders here... What do y'all own? I am hoping to pass the BRC on base on Sunday (took written exam last weekend and the riding got postponed until this weekend due to wind). If I pass, dh wants to get a Harley for me so we can go riding together and participate together in Patriot Guard rides.

I thought that I wanted a Heritage Softail, but after sitting on one today, it didn't feel a lot different than dh's Electra Glide. Heavy! We did find an '03 Dyna Wide Glide Ann. Edition on base that I really like. It's below NADA and KBB...

Arghhhhh! I'm probably getting ahead of myself. I need to pass the stupid riding part of the test. So, if you could spare good thoughts, vibes, or prayers I would greatly appreciate it.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I believe you'll trounce it!

DF's friends owned Gixxers (GSX-R) and one has a BMW if I recall correctly.

I told DF the only one I would ride consistently with him would be a Harley.
  3. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    I've got a Yamaha Vstar 650. Its lower to the ground and light enough I can pick it up (which I did after I laid it down last fall). Its great for female riders or people my size

Its a cruiser but I've been looking at GSXR's and R6's when I get a sport bike.
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart

Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

4. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    DH has a Honda CM450. An antique in some states [1982]. But it's light and small enough for me to handle fine when I need to move it around the garage when it's in my way. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to ride it (and pick it up if I dropped it) if I was inclined to.

I just wanted to say good luck on your test!

DH says you should get a Harley Sportster because it's small and light. He says a Sportster would be good for you if a softail is too heavy.
  5. Senior Member
    I'm a new rider and just got my license this summer. So I'm sending you good vibes for your test. You will do great!
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Thanks, you guys!
  7. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I ride a Yamaha YZF-R1 and dh has a Yamaha Warrior. I tried riding his Warrior a few weeks ago just to see if I could and it is waaaay too big of a bike for me. I can't get used the cruiser handling either. I love my sportbikes too much.

Good luck on your exam, you should have no problem!

Are you solid on you HAVE to have a Harley? They're good bikes and all but you really are paying for a name. There are less expensive bikes that you may like even better than the Harleys. A Honda Shadow is a popular cruiser and they make them in I think 750 and 1100 cc models? Or maybe it is 1300. Go to a few different dealerships, sit on the bikes, stand them up, see what YOU like and what fits you. If there are any big bike ralleys near you check them out too. I'm skipping bike week in Daytona this year but I love that they have test rides for SOOOO many different bikes there.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Kawasaki vulcan 1500. big fat cruiser. geezer glider, almost.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  9. Senior Member
    I had an 08 GSXR 600. I loved it and thought it was a great first bike. I've never ridden a cruiser though. GL!!
  10. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    I ride a Yamaha YZF-R1 and dh has a Yamaha Warrior. I tried riding his Warrior a few weeks ago just to see if I could and it is waaaay too big of a bike for me. I can't get used the cruiser handling either. I love my sportbikes too much.

Good luck on your exam, you should have no problem!

Are you solid on you HAVE to have a Harley? They're good bikes and all but you really are paying for a name. There are less expensive bikes that you may like even better than the Harleys. A Honda Shadow is a popular cruiser and they make them in I think 750 and 1100 cc models? Or maybe it is 1300. Go to a few different dealerships, sit on the bikes, stand them up, see what YOU like and what fits you. If there are any big bike ralleys near you check them out too. I'm skipping bike week in Daytona this year but I love that they have test rides for SOOOO many different bikes there.
    Dh's first bike was a 2003 Warrior... He really enjoyed it, but i think i would be like an Ewok on the speeder bike if i rode it. My dd would love your bike. She took the MSF a couple of months ago on a sport bike. She is saving her baby sitting money for one. She is only 15, so she has some time to save.

Not sure why I'm so paranoid about the riding part of the test tomorrow... Thanks for the encouragement.

I've wanted a Harley for as long as I can remember... As long as dh is wanting to buy one for me, I'm certainly not going to argue. I have sat a lot of bikes the past year while working up the courage to finally learn to ride. I have it narrowed down to a couple of styles. I wish we could have made Bike Week! We are thinking about taking dh's bike to Sturgis this year. I'm a bit excited.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast