Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: non-personal blogging

  1. Senior Member
    azarmygf's Avatar
    azarmygf is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Me: AZ
    Posts
    14,447
    #1

    non-personal blogging

    Advertisements
    I hope my title makes sense. Just looking for advice on blogging.

    Does anyone have a self-hosted blog that they do not use for personal stories? Or does anyone just have any advice on blogging itself?

    I really want to start a coupon blog when I move to Cleveland. I looked for one, and there is only one I can find, and not even for the immediate area I will be in. All of the others are not current at all. That is surprising for such a large city.

    Coupons is something that I will be doing anyways when I move there, so why not share my matchups and knowledge?

    I'm not really looking to make money on it, but that would be nice too. Definitely going to do a self hosted one, so that I own the domain.

    So anyone have any advice?
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  2. ShutterBug
    *Penguin*'s Avatar
    *Penguin* is offline
    ShutterBug
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Me: Norman, OK; Him: Minot, ND
    Posts
    1,751
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    I hope my title makes sense. Just looking for advice on blogging.

    Does anyone have a self-hosted blog that they do not use for personal stories? Or does anyone just have any advice on blogging itself?

    I really want to start a coupon blog when I move to Cleveland. I looked for one, and there is only one I can find, and not even for the immediate area I will be in. All of the others are not current at all. That is surprising for such a large city.

    Coupons is something that I will be doing anyways when I move there, so why not share my matchups and knowledge?

    I'm not really looking to make money on it, but that would be nice too. Definitely going to do a self hosted one, so that I own the domain.

    So anyone have any advice?


    I was actually thinking about positing something like this earlier today. You and I should brainstorm??
  3. verabot89
    FruitPunch.'s Avatar
    FruitPunch. is offline
    verabot89
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    16,644
    #3
    I have one but I'm the worst at updating

    This is the best article I've found on doing it and getting started How To Make Money With A Blog
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife



  4. Senior Member
    azarmygf's Avatar
    azarmygf is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Me: AZ
    Posts
    14,447
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch. View Post
    I have one but I'm the worst at updating

    This is the best article I've found on doing it and getting started How To Make Money With A Blog
    Thanks! I've got it bookmarked to read later! Do you self host on Wordpress.org?
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. verabot89
    FruitPunch.'s Avatar
    FruitPunch. is offline
    verabot89
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    16,644
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    Thanks! I've got it bookmarked to read later! Do you self host on Wordpress.org?
    I use blogger. I tried to use wordpress but got confused
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife



  6. Senior Member
    BiggyBiggs's Avatar
    BiggyBiggs is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    13,255
    #6
    I use mine for recipes and travel. The travel part is a little personal i guess, since it's about my travels, but I do it for advice to others. It's in my siggy.
  7. ShutterBug
    *Penguin*'s Avatar
    *Penguin* is offline
    ShutterBug
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Me: Norman, OK; Him: Minot, ND
    Posts
    1,751
    #7
    Alright, I started my blog today. It's nothing special, but hopefully I will be able to keep up with it and I will start posting more exciting things

    Shutterbug Penguin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •