Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any musicians here?

1. Senior Member

Any musicians here?

Advertisements

I played clarinet from middle school throughout college, and even participated in a local community band in Northwest Florida. I just bought a new pack of reeds to get into it again, but was curious about y'all...anyone ever play an instrument?
  2. sassypants
    sassypants

play and teach and write for piano, but I also play sax, banjo, drums and guitar on and off

db and I are quite musical
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  3. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Trumpet here

DH though is the real musician f the family. Piano. Guitar, harmonica, flute, drums and he writes and sings.
  4. Senior Member
    I play the flute. I want to learn guitar and piano though.
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  5. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    I don't consider myself a musician anymore, since I haven't actually played any instruments for a year or two now.. although I did do some sight reading in December out of boredom. But I do know how to play piano, guitar, and bass guitar.

And the recorder.
  6. Senior Member
    completely forgot to include piano...but it's something that I just dabble on when I'm at my mom's house. I've never learned to read bass clef, too confusing to read at the same time for me. So I just play chords that sound pretty with the melody.

Once upon a time I could play acoustic guitar, even took lessons in grade school. My talent with guitar now? I can tune it.
  7. Regular Member
    I play the flute and piano...piccolo back in marching band. Been thinking about working on the guitar though
  8. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Violin Haven't played in awhile though... One of the strings broke when I was tuning it & I just haven't gotten a chance to go get more to replace it

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  9. Moderator

I play piano and sing. I always heard people say "don't make your hobby your livelihood" but the jobs I've had accompanying have been the absolute best jobs of my life. I accompanied full-time for several years and it was AMAZING. The last couple of years of it were during my relationship with my ex husband and I sometimes think that was the only reason I made it through. Teaching piano... slightly less fun but I still do it. I teach for free right now because we're in a place where people struggle so so much financially and I wanted to give back to their kids. I teach 3-11-year-olds Sunday School music once a week and I just got hired to do music direction for a couple of stage productions at a children's theatre- I can't get enough. I am going to start organ lessons very soon and I also accompany the church choir. I think I would be forever happy if I could just play piano instead of breathing. Alas, I must continue to multitask and do both.

I've dabbled a little in composition but I think I have a mental block because my mom is a fairly well-known LDS composer and people expect much more of me than I'm capable of. Someday though, I'll write as well.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I played clarinet, bass clarinet, saxophone, and marimba/xylophone from when I was 7 through college. Now, when I can, I play my soprano clarinet and I was doing community band but my babysitter sucked and the band was mostly high school kids. Once I get back stateside where band is more prevalent in schools, I'll be teaching lessons again. That is the most rewarding thing I've ever done (aside Wyatt)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast