Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Christmas dilemma

  1. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    tiffielynn's Avatar
    tiffielynn is offline
    i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    hometown, KY
    Posts
    1,211
    #1

    Christmas dilemma

    Advertisements
    Ok so we don't really have extra money this year to hardly do anything for anyone or each other. We had maternity pictures done and I was thinking of framing some for close family like our parents and maybe grandparents. I got a ton of 4x6 printed out to give to other people if they want some too. Now I'm debating whether to do any for grandparents because frames are expensive but I was thinking maybe I could give them one picture but idk if that would be dumb?

    I was thinking of doing this for our parents but on a smaller scale like in a 11x13 frame because they have them for $5 at family dollar


    They also have a frame for $4 that can hold two 4x6 so I was thinking maybe do that for a couple of the grandparents that have their own house then maybe just one for others since they are in nursing homes and don't have alot of spare room.

    Does this sound ok or is it stupid?
  2. Senior Member
    stephnh's Avatar
    stephnh is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Me: Austin, TX Him: Fort Huachuca, AZ
    Posts
    907
    #2
    I think that sounds great! I know my grandparents would rather have cute pictures rather than a store bought present.
  3. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    tiffielynn's Avatar
    tiffielynn is offline
    i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    hometown, KY
    Posts
    1,211
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by stephnh View Post
    I think that sounds great! I know my grandparents would rather have cute pictures rather than a store bought present.
    Yea only thing I'm kinda worried about is if any of our parents opened there pictures around the grandparents and then they be like well why do we get a crappy one lol. They might have an 8x10 I could do for the two with their own home cause we will be around other people and I don't want them to feel like they got the short end of the stick lol
  4. Senior Member
    stephnh's Avatar
    stephnh is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Me: Austin, TX Him: Fort Huachuca, AZ
    Posts
    907
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffielynn View Post
    Yea only thing I'm kinda worried about is if any of our parents opened there pictures around the grandparents and then they be like well why do we get a crappy one lol. They might have an 8x10 I could do for the two with their own home cause we will be around other people and I don't want them to feel like they got the short end of the stick lol
    Hmm well I guess that would depend on the personality of your grandparents. If you have enough photos, I would kinda of mix it up so everyone's pictures are a little different (or at least arranged differently) so it shows that you made each one unique, to try and take the focus away from the size. I'm sure it will be fine either way.
  5. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    tiffielynn's Avatar
    tiffielynn is offline
    i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    hometown, KY
    Posts
    1,211
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by stephnh View Post
    Hmm well I guess that would depend on the personality of your grandparents. If you have enough photos, I would kinda of mix it up so everyone's pictures are a little different (or at least arranged differently) so it shows that you made each one unique, to try and take the focus away from the size. I'm sure it will be fine either way.
    Yea I'm not sure if they would be but I just wouldn't want that to happen in case. I have like 10 different photos that I printed alot off of so I can def mix it up. I will probably print more out tho for extras for other family.
  6. Senior Member
    stephnh's Avatar
    stephnh is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Me: Austin, TX Him: Fort Huachuca, AZ
    Posts
    907
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffielynn View Post
    Yea I'm not sure if they would be but I just wouldn't want that to happen in case. I have like 10 different photos that I printed alot off of so I can def mix it up. I will probably print more out tho for extras for other family.
    Perfect I always try to make something homemade for my grandparents. Last year a made them a CD with a slide show of pictures and they loved it.
  7. Senior Member
    villanelle's Avatar
    villanelle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,790
    #7
    If you want to do frames, you can look for cheap ones at Tj Maxx, Marshalls, Tuesday Morning, etc., or even at craft stores.

    However, I think that you should give them what you can comfortably afford, and if that is just a picture, so be it. If you include a long, heartfelt letter with the photo, then I think that would be an amazing gift and something that a grandparent is likely to appreciate more than an fancy frame.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    tiffielynn's Avatar
    tiffielynn is offline
    i'd trade all the money in the world for you :)
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    hometown, KY
    Posts
    1,211
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    If you want to do frames, you can look for cheap ones at Tj Maxx, Marshalls, Tuesday Morning, etc., or even at craft stores.

    However, I think that you should give them what you can comfortably afford, and if that is just a picture, so be it. If you include a long, heartfelt letter with the photo, then I think that would be an amazing gift and something that a grandparent is likely to appreciate more than an fancy frame.
    Yea I'm def looking for cheap frames! I can get the prints no problem at all just trying to find cheap frames because they can add up so fast! I'm going to look at a few different places when I go out tomorrow so hopefully I can find some good deals

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •