Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need creative artsy fartsy ideas..

1. Senior Member

Need creative artsy fartsy ideas..

Advertisements
    DS has to make a valentine mailbox for school.. In kindergarten we made a spongebob mailbox, 1st grade we made a robot.

I was thinking about a covered wagon or an aquarium this year.. Spongebob was absolutely adorable, but he didn't win the contest for best mailbox.

Does ANYBODY have any ideas?? Bible or military based would be ideal.. Anything at all? Please, please, please?
    ~~~Thanks...
  2. Senior Member
    Maybe Noah's Ark or an aircraft carrier? Do you just decorate the outside of the mailbox or does it have to be in the shap of something?
  3. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    A Humvee and you can put the valentines in a slot in the gunner's turret

Another idea: not sure if you can do something rounded, but if so, you could do an army helmet or PT hat with a slit in the top for the valentines to go into. If you're unsure how to do rounded things, try to form it with wire mesh, and them paper mache on top of that It takes a little bit of time, but it's really fun. Another way is to blow up a balloon and paper mache on top of the balloon, then once it's dry, pop the balloon, and you can paint the paper mache any color.

I like the Noah's Ark idea too. I also like the aquarium.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

4. Senior Member
    Ooohhh, thanks guys.. Those are great ideas!!!

I'm sure we'll be working on it most of the weekend..I didn't even think about making something round. I've done that with a balloon before, I KWYM...

Noah's ark would be easy, just a brown box.. I wish this was a project they would do in school..
  5. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    make sure to post pics or let us know what you made! I'm curious to see how it turns out now!

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I love the Noah's ark idea... that's cute.
  7. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Sorry I can't cut and paste. Theirs not a creative bone in my body.LOL But let me know how it turns out. I'd love to see it.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    what about something silly and random like an armadillo? you culd cut out little circles for all the scales....hehe

or a little car? do something fun like a VW Beetle or Bus....? Or make it look like Shrek? I dunno. I thought about for a bit this morning cause I couldn't sleep... and that's the best I could do. i'm a failure, hehehe.

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be adorable... just remember to take pictures
  9. Senior Member
    what a fun project to do. I wish I had gotten fun assignments like that. Take a pic when your done. I like the noahs ark and the shrek idea