Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Sewing machine extras

  1. Waiting Around
    Mac N Cheese's Avatar
    Mac N Cheese is offline
    Waiting Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,418
    Blog Entries
    1
    #1

    Sewing machine extras

    Advertisements
    What else do I need to go with my sewing machine?
    I think I have decided on this one
    Amazon.com: Brother CP-7500 Computerized Sewing Machine: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
    What else do I need to go with it?
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

  2. Waiting Around
    Mac N Cheese's Avatar
    Mac N Cheese is offline
    Waiting Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,418
    Blog Entries
    1
  3. Senior Member
    dekeoboe's Avatar
    dekeoboe is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,834
    #3
    Extra bobbins and needles.
  4. Waiting Around
    Mac N Cheese's Avatar
    Mac N Cheese is offline
    Waiting Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,418
    Blog Entries
    1
    #4
    What type of needles are good?
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

  5. Senior Member
    jane3's Avatar
    jane3 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    #5
    What are you going to sew? The Singer redband/size 11 are pretty good all purpose needles for average fabrics. Thicker, sheer & knit fabrics need different needles.

    A tape measure, pins, scissors are all essential. Depending on what you are making, a rotary cutter, mat and ruler are useful. There are a jillion gadgets, so the answer will depend.
  6. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    GlitterQueen's Avatar
    GlitterQueen is offline
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    12,434
    #6
    do you have a table for it? i got a small card table for mine at walmart for like 15$


  7. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jane3 View Post
    What are you going to sew? The Singer redband/size 11 are pretty good all purpose needles for average fabrics. Thicker, sheer & knit fabrics need different needles.

    A tape measure, pins, scissors are all essential. Depending on what you are making, a rotary cutter, mat and ruler are useful. There are a jillion gadgets, so the answer will depend.
    The rotary cutter, mat and ruler are wonderful once you really start doing a lot of sewing. You would not believe how fast and easy it makes it to get your fabric cut out, especially with two little ones running around. You want most of your time to go to doing the work, and getting your fabric ready can seem like a chore if it's a slow process that gets interrupted by kiddos waking up from naps or spilling water all over the carpet.

    Bobbins are also huge for me, I never seem to have enough bobbins. Also get really good quality scissors, some type of notions basket and threaten the life of ANYONE who goes near your sewing scissors. Only use them on fabric and they will last longer.

    I have no advice on which machine, I think they both look nice. I've been using a similar Brother machine for about ten years and I haven't had any issues with it. It's easy to care for and pretty simple and straight forward. I've found Brother manuals and their web site to be good resources for any questions I've had.

    Oh, get a hard sided case for your machine. You want to keep it dust free when you aren't using it. I got the Singer Universal one for like $20 and it fit mine fine.

    Other than that, it's all about the fabric stash baby!
  8. Waiting Around
    Mac N Cheese's Avatar
    Mac N Cheese is offline
    Waiting Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,418
    Blog Entries
    1
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    The rotary cutter, mat and ruler are wonderful once you really start doing a lot of sewing. You would not believe how fast and easy it makes it to get your fabric cut out, especially with two little ones running around. You want most of your time to go to doing the work, and getting your fabric ready can seem like a chore if it's a slow process that gets interrupted by kiddos waking up from naps or spilling water all over the carpet.

    Bobbins are also huge for me, I never seem to have enough bobbins. Also get really good quality scissors, some type of notions basket and threaten the life of ANYONE who goes near your sewing scissors. Only use them on fabric and they will last longer.

    I have no advice on which machine, I think they both look nice. I've been using a similar Brother machine for about ten years and I haven't had any issues with it. It's easy to care for and pretty simple and straight forward. I've found Brother manuals and their web site to be good resources for any questions I've had.

    Oh, get a hard sided case for your machine. You want to keep it dust free when you aren't using it. I got the Singer Universal one for like $20 and it fit mine fine.

    Other than that, it's all about the fabric stash baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriah View Post
    do you have a table for it? i got a small card table for mine at walmart for like 15$

    I have this table being delievered next week
    I'm going home in nov and I plane to send a suitcase back with fabric so expensive over here!

    I plan to see anything and everything Incan and be able to hime jeans would be awesome
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

  9. Senior Member
    glg_girl's Avatar
    glg_girl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    930
    #9
    Where did you find that table?! I love it. I have a basic large desk from Ikea, and it works ok for cutting out, but it takes up a lot of space when I'm not using it (which is occasionally weeks at a time when I get busy). I would love to get something like that.

  10. Waiting Around
    Mac N Cheese's Avatar
    Mac N Cheese is offline
    Waiting Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    26,418
    Blog Entries
    1
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by glg_girl View Post
    Where did you find that table?! I love it. I have a basic large desk from Ikea, and it works ok for cutting out, but it takes up a lot of space when I'm not using it (which is occasionally weeks at a time when I get busy). I would love to get something like that.
    ikea
    Search result - IKEA
    I dont know if they are the same in the us as what the sell in europe. I got doors to add on to the shelfs too, thats why i picked white, i usually hate white
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •