Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for storage tips

1. Senior Member

Confused looking for storage tips

Advertisements
    SO I have been scrapbooking for years and no matter what I do I can not come up with a decent way to store all my supplies. I end up forgetting what I have and it takes me so long just to get a page even put together that with the kids I usually do like 2 pages at a time.
    Any ideas to store everything at my reach but out of the kids??
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I am facing the same dilemma. With a two year old, I haven't pulled out my scrap stuff in well over a year. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. Breezy
    I went to office max and bought a plastic drawer thing that is big enough to hold 12X12s and then I separate my paper by seasons events etc..... so that it is all together.
    My cutting supplies are in a tupperware container. I bought a storage thing from HD to put all of my little things like Brads eyelets etc... in
    I use a PC tool turnabout for rulers etc...
    and a lot of this stuff stacks nicely on my plastic drawers. the hard part for me is actually putting it back in there lol
    HTH some
  4. Senior Member
    thanks. Im hoping when we move in the next few months i can really get that stuff together and organized so I can finish my scrapbook. I'm doing some pages now that are from my youngest sons birth...that was October 2005 LOL
  5. Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by jairoo04 View Post
    thanks. Im hoping when we move in the next few months i can really get that stuff together and organized so I can finish my scrapbook. I'm doing some pages now that are from my youngest sons birth...that was October 2005 LOL
    you are doing better than me lol
    I still haven't done our wedding from Jan 1996
  6. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    How old are your kids? This are some pics from my scrapbook room (I'm moving so it's not longer my scrapbook room but you might get some ideas)

I also have some rubbermade bins with big drawers where I can organize things inside.
    Go to twopeasinabucket.com and there you will be able to find LOTS of scraprooms from other ladies.
  7. Senior Member
    omg im so jealous I wish I had a scrapbook but with a one year old and a three year old it would never stay that way....
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I bought a whole bunch of 1-gallon clear plastic shoeboxes.... and I organized my stuff into them... one box for stickers, one for "add-ons", one for glues/scissors/tapes.... one for my photo cropping stuff... etc.

And Michaels sells boxes especially for scrapbooking paper... they're clear plastic with a pop-open lid. Mine was around $5

The shoe boxes all fit perfectly under my bed. I labeled them so I know which ones I need to pull out
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I use some of the plastic containers with the drawers in them (got them at walmart)

Like these (excuse the mess in the closet *lol* I have way too much scrapbooking stuff in there

I just got this little one today to put misc stuff in and keep right up on the table:

I keep my paper in this:

I have this great bag/tote thing that I got at michaels...I think it is my most favorite thing. I can keep so much stuff in it and it is easy to carry around with me and easy to get stuff out of and store stuff:

I also have a matching (to the green and brown tote/bag) rolling thing that is pretty big with lots of pockets....that my sister got me for xmas...it can hold alot of stuff, especially if I want to take my stuff with me to scrapbook somewhere else. I don't have a pic right now. It is in my room and dh is sleeping

My sizzix stuff is all just kept in the closet and some other stuff is also just in the closet on some of the shelves.
  10. Senior Member
    thanks you guys. I want to buy the stuff to organize it before we move so everything is all set when we get to our new home, you have given me some great and kid friendly ideas. Thanks so much! Right now everything is in a cardboard box and I have to empty it out completely everytime I want to scrapbook so I know what i have. How frustrating. By the time I get it all out its tiime to put it all away LOL.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast