Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: NEED Scrapbook ideas/tips

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

NEED Scrapbook ideas/tips

Advertisements
    I want to make a scrap book, but I have no idea how to get started.

What's the best way to get started?
    What's the best way to do photos: print them on paper through a program or cut/paste?
    What sorts of accessory things do you buy?
    Do you write your words in your scrap book, cut them out after you print them out on a word doc on the computer, or use those sticker letter thingies?

I would really like to make a nice one that would be great to look back on. Thanks to all you scrapbooking geniouses in advance!!!
  2. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    I'm a Creative Memories consultant - it's like Mary Kay/Avon, but we sell high-quality scrapbooking supplies. Feel free to check out my page (link in siggy) to view products, ideas, tips, etc. - also through Creative memories you can do a digital scrapbook called a StoryBook where you plan out your pages digitally, send them into Creative Memories and they will send you a professionally printed copy of your scrapbook!

PM Me if you have any questions. There are many ways to scrapbook - you just have to get yourself in there and DO it to find the best way that works for you.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
    I'm a Creative Memories consultant - it's like Mary Kay/Avon, but we sell high-quality scrapbooking supplies. Feel free to check out my page (link in siggy) to view products, ideas, tips, etc. - also through Creative memories you can do a digital scrapbook called a StoryBook where you plan out your pages digitally, send them into Creative Memories and they will send you a professionally printed copy of your scrapbook!

PM Me if you have any questions. There are many ways to scrapbook - you just have to get yourself in there and DO it to find the best way that works for you.
    Thanks for the link! I enjoyed looking at all the stuff. Just one question before I download the Storybook maker. How much do they normally cost to print?
  4. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowgrlz View Post
    Thanks for the link! I enjoyed looking at all the stuff. Just one question before I download the Storybook maker. How much do they normally cost to print?
    Storybook maker is free to download, and printing costs are about $35 - probably would turn out to be around $40 with shipping and taxes, etc.

If you think about it, it's really not a bad price - buying a regular scrapbook album is around $20, supplies, stickers, papers, another $10-$20, photo printing, another $10, so really, you'd be paying about the same amount as you would to make a regular scrapbook

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

5. MRussell
    I'm a digi scrapper. I do everything on the computer and then print my pages out and put them in a photo album. But any local craft store would be a great start. They normally have scrapbooking sections with load of ideas and embelishments.

Happy Scrapping!
    TK
    One tip I picked up: Make copies of the pics you want to use. Keep the originals. You would hate to make a mistake or not like how it turned out and not have the original picture.

Also, don't limit yourself to just the scrapbook section of the store. I picked up some neat trims in the fabric department and paid less than the ones designated as "scrapbook" embellishments.

Just remember: HAVE FUN!!!!