Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Painting

1. Senior Member

Painting

Advertisements
    Who paints??

This past Semester I took a Basic Design & Color Art class and I absolutly LOVED it. The last part of the Semester was b&w & color painting. Im not a big drawer.. In fact, I SUCK at drawing. & I usally ruin things when I paint them. But I obviously did good enough because I gotta "A" in the class. But since I've been pretty bored lately, & still have 9 days before DB comes home. I was thinking about putting a painting together for us. My final art project was a Symbolic Self Portrate. So I used 4 different Chineese Symbols to describe me. And I was thinking about doing a painting in the Chineese Symbols that says "Allyssa & William Forever."

& I was just wondering who else paints just because? Or as a job? It's pretty fun.. And takes up ALOT of time.
  2. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    I enjoy painting as well. I took a watercolor class one summer, and I've been dabbling with oils. I've worked with acrylics my entire life. 2 of my Christmas gifts this year were oil paintings (I'll post pics later.)

I was an art major so I had to do a lot of painting/drawing, etc.

I worked at a "Paint-your-own-pottery Studio for a year (you go and pick out a ceramic piece, paint it with glaze, and then we would fire it for you and you can take it home) - it was really cool and I got to paint a TON of ceramics and teach classes, etc. while working there.

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

3. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I never did painting but I took a ceramics class that I really loved. I took ceramics in highschool and in college and it was so much fun.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
    I enjoy painting as well. I took a watercolor class one summer, and I've been dabbling with oils. I've worked with acrylics my entire life. 2 of my Christmas gifts this year were oil paintings (I'll post pics later.)

I was an art major so I had to do a lot of painting/drawing, etc.

I worked at a "Paint-your-own-pottery Studio for a year (you go and pick out a ceramic piece, paint it with glaze, and then we would fire it for you and you can take it home) - it was really cool and I got to paint a TON of ceramics and teach classes, etc. while working there.
    I just paint w/ Acrylics. I accidently bought a tube of orange oil paint, & didn't notice it till I tried painting with it & ruined my brush. IDK how that oil paint works, lol.
  5. AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    AheeOo, Killer Tofu!
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I paint. I'm an Art Therapy major, so i'm taking two art classes this semester.
    You don't choose your family...they are God's gift to you
  6. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    I've oil painted before. I really like it, but have a hard time getting my idea started on the canvas. I draw occassionally. I like charcoal, but mostly I like painting furniture and walls!! Just the regular old painting! HAHA!! It relaxes me to no end! I just LOVE IT! Including trim! HAHA!! I'm weird I know!!! My mom is the same way! HEHE!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  7. Senior Member
    My husband used to paint, I dont know why he doesnt anymore but he is VERY good. Most of his work is very ummm "dark" and kinda twisted though.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplekittie View Post
    Yeah I paint. I'm an Art Therapy major, so i'm taking two art classes this semester.
    ooh art therapy... that sounds awesome!!
  9. mCubed
    I paint and draw, when I have the inspiration, I was thinking about being an art major but can't think of a way to make money at it.