Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Apartment Decorating

1. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries

Apartment Decorating

Advertisements
    So okay, we live in an apartment, and I can't paint or anything....BUT I'm going crazy with the white plain walls and such...and I can only hang so many pics before the walls get too cluttered with them, so I'm open for any suggestion in what I can do to change things up a bit....
    I've heard of using sidewalk chalk and water to make a 'paint' that is removeable, but I'm not sure how well that works and all....
  2. Senior Member
    Maybe hang fabric? Like just big sheets of sheer fabric to add colors to the wall.
  3. ImaLuckyWife
    Why cant you paint? I was always told as long as it takes one coat of white to cover it up, your good to go...
  4. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries
    Not sure why I can't but the lease says I can't.
  5. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    This may sound soooooo stupid. buttttttttt.............i have always thought- that if im in that situation.. i would merely tack pieces of cardboard up onto the walls.. like paint the cardboard or wallpaper it. Lol..
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

6. KevzQueen
    yeah white walls suck and I don't like pictures everywhere, so I'm stuck with boring walls. We painted our last living room, but it was a pain to paint it back white when we want to hurry and get the cleaning done.
    I was going to suggest fabric too. Maybe you can find a tapestry to hang if you like those. I was going to buy a large canvas and do my own painting just so it's not just pics of people I never look at and it would actually be colorful. Well good luck finding some life for your walls.
  7. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    I've always wanted to do this ... take strips of fabric (just cut a sheet in strips) and find some of your favorite pics and make 8x10s out of them and either make them black and white, color or do the select colors (such as just a rose or a shirt and everything else black and white) and use grommets or even just some glue or staples and attach the pictures to the strips in random orders and spacing... then hang the strips on the walls using a staple gun or something like that under the top edge so you can't see the raw edge and you have insta wall coverings and pictures up at the same time without a whole bunch of clutter of frames, but still personalizing it with family photos! HTH!! I'm going to try this in our guest bedroom I think... that and maybe a few in our bedroom! We'll see how it works!!!

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  8. Senior Member
    We've done fabric and hung it with thumb tacks that I color matched...yeah, slightly anal retentive, but if you go to Home Depot or something with a swatch, you can get a little can and paint the thumb tacks so they disappear. I think it's an area thing where you are. I grew up there and painting the place was a no no unless you owned it.
  9. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Girls...I love the fabric idea...now I just have to find some nice colored fabric I like!!! HEHE!!!

Thanks AGAIN!!!
  10. Katiebugg
    I had a friend tape wallpaper up! Looked good!