Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: book series suggestions

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

book series suggestions

Advertisements
    now that i have my WA driver's license, i went & got my library card last weekend & have been catching up on some reading. i tend to like to read books in series or by the same author.

i was a ravenous reader as a child. i think the reason i'm not so much a movie person is i have a very vivid imagination while reading. books are my movies.

here's some of what i like:
    stephanie laurens - historical romances, the cynsters series & the bastion club series
    alexander mccall smith - no 1 ladies detective agency & just picked up some other books by him
    debbie maccomber - great novels about women, set in seattle & the nw
    louise rennison - fictional diaries of a brit teen. actually written for teens, but hilarious. a great mom & daughter read!

now...gimme some suggestions on where to go next! THANKS!
  2. I will treat you like a queen and take you to burger king
    I will treat you like a queen and take you to burger king
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwant2be View Post

i was a ravenous reader as a child. i think the reason i'm not so much a movie person is i have a very vivid imagination while reading. books are my movies.
    I was the same way as a kid. I would imagine what I was reading was a movie in my head

3. Senior Member
    Zadie Smith is an excellent author with a few books out (the british thing made me think of her...) Jodi Picoult has about a trillion books out (they aren't a series) and she is a pretty amazing writer. Anything by David Sedaris ...he is hilarious. His books are short stories and are a super quick, amazingly funny reads.

This doesn't fit in with anything you listed but Stephen King's the Dark Tower series is quite entertaining and very enjoyable...its my favorite series ever.

I could write a novel of novels you should read so I'm going to stop now. Hope that helped some!
    Last edited by Aurora; 10-11-2007 at 01:07 AM.

4. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I love the Clan of the Cave Bear series by Jean M. Auel. They are pretty big books and I loved them. I think there is one more coming out (the last one) that I haven't read yet. I'm reading a 3 book series right now but I forget the authors name... I know the first book is called Hyperion. I was on the second but I lost my book so I have to go buy a new one. I know there is another series I liked but I can't think of it right now.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    The Gunslinger series by Stephen King is very good.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    this is an author, not a series, but linda howard books are awesome imo. don't know if you like romance, but these are - not cheap romance though - and murder mystery-ish.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    christine feehan is a great romance novelist and she does series...also kathleen woodwiss is good, but i don't think she does series...

8. Senior Member
    My favorite author is Karen Kingsbury,she has a ton of books out, some series and some stand alone. I also like Dee Henderson, she also has series and stand alone.
  9. Senior Member
    Janet Evanovich - she has as series of plum novels (all are numbers and then two holiday books). They are hysterical. I've read all of them and then when a new ones comes out and i finish it, i go through withdrawal for a year waiting for the next one to come out.

http://www.evanovich.com/
  10. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Barbara Kingsolver is a riot. I love her work. The Bean Trees and Pigs in Heaven is the only "series" she's written as far as I know.

Right now I'm reading "Monster" by Frank Peretti. It's a suspense novel, and it's great. His books are hard for me to put down.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast