Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Soap!!!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Soap!!!

Advertisements
    Anyone else here ever make soap?

I was in the craft store today and got inspired. I've made it before for little Christmas gifts... and I tried making some for Valentine's day for DB but I used too much smelly stuff so they smelled too girly and I threw 'em away... lol

But I'm gonna make some for DB I bought regular bar molds.... and mint/eucalyptus oil (his absolute FAVORITE scent...). Yay I'm tempted to experiment.... make green soap and shred it... then pour the flakes into the clear glycerin. wonder if it'll work

Anyone else try anything like it?
  2. Senior Member
    i used to make soap and why dont you try cutting the green soap into chunks and putting it in-it'll be less likely to melt during the setting and looks cool and modern.... just a suggestion.

I always had problems with not long after making the soap it would get all beady. I have 2-3 soap making books too with really cool ideas in them!!! and making bath fizzies, bath salt, shampoo, ect. Really cool!

Visit My Fitness Like Page for fitness tips and inspiration and Visit My New Fitness Blog
  3. Senior Member
    I've always wanted to try making soap. One day I will when I'm not so busy or tired!!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    Anyone else here ever make soap?

I was in the craft store today and got inspired. I've made it before for little Christmas gifts... and I tried making some for Valentine's day for DB but I used too much smelly stuff so they smelled too girly and I threw 'em away... lol

But I'm gonna make some for DB I bought regular bar molds.... and mint/eucalyptus oil (his absolute FAVORITE scent...). Yay I'm tempted to experiment.... make green soap and shred it... then pour the flakes into the clear glycerin. wonder if it'll work

Anyone else try anything like it?
    I got inspired once in the craft store in the candle aisle and made them. I saw the soap, thinking messy did the candles instead. They were cute though you know and those are easy easy to make and are pretty and make nice gifts.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My soap turned out awesome. Not too "girly" since it's for DB. I'll post pics once I get them packaged all cute
  6. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I cant wait to see the pics
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    My soap turned out awesome. Not too "girly" since it's for DB. I'll post pics once I get them packaged all cute
    I wanna see the pics. I bet they will be cute.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ohhhh so I went to Michael's again tonight.... and found all kinds of awesome soap stuff... I couldn't resist. I'm gonna make him another batch. I bought little herbal "fillers" so it'll be kinda exfoliating.... eucalyptus!! So it'll smell like mint/eucalyptus AND actually have eucalyptus shreds susprended in it. I also bought this really cute handmade paper to cut into strips and wrap around & tie with a ribbon.

Ohhh I got so inspired... hehe
  9. Senior Member
    hehe! that's why i stay away from micheals! but i LOOVVEE it!

Visit My Fitness Like Page for fitness tips and inspiration and Visit My New Fitness Blog