Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question for Moderators - Closing my account

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question for Moderators - Closing my account

Advertisements
    Moderators: Whose job is it to be reading and responding to emails sent through the "Contact Us" link on this website? I have emailed twice over the past month, and both emails have simply been ignored. I selected the "close my account" choice on the "Contact Us" page, and wrote to explain that my husband was no longer associated with the military so I would like my account closed. Whoever is supposed to be checking and responding to those emails obviously isn't doing their job, so I am forced to post here for help. Can someone please close my account? Thanks. (And why is there a "Contact Us" link on this website, if nobody bothers to monitor it?)
  2. Senior Member
    Did you start a private channel with staff? That is the proper way to get in touch with the moderators.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The Contact Us link emails go to the owner of the site. Start a Private Channel with Staff thread would have been the proper way to talk with members of staff that are on daily to handle these things.

No worries, I'll make sure it gets taken care of promptly for you.
  4. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Bye!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    - why not just not visit the site anymore? With only three posts it isn't as though you have some long account history to be concerned with - I understand not wishing to be part of the site any more (though plenty of non-AD related persons are here), but I don't understand why you can't simply "leave" the site by no longer logging in, etc
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Grey Mare View Post
    - why not just not visit the site anymore? With only three posts it isn't as though you have some long account history to be concerned with - I understand not wishing to be part of the site any more (though plenty of non-AD related persons are here), but I don't understand why you can't simply "leave" the site by no longer logging in, etc
    I know. I never understood the "close my account" either. What's the point? I mean, why just not come back? I have signed up with my fair share of message boards over the years, lost interest for whatever reason, but never asked to have my account closed
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have also been on many message boards over the years. I always ask for my account to be closed so that I stop receiving emails. I don't receive anything from SOS or other boards I am currently on. But on other boards I have been on, Admin will send out mass emails from time to time such as ones asking you to renew your membership (kind of like Jewels on here) or a mass email saying the board would be done for maintenance. Some didn't have the option to choose NOT to receive those emails or what have you. If I truly intend to not return to a site, I always ask for my account to be closed or deleted just in case. While the emails might be minor ones only sent every once in awhile & a simple delete will suffice, some don't want to have to bother with that (myself included).
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Closed due to the OP's status.