Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revealing PM info?

1. Senior Member

Revealing PM info?

Advertisements
    Is it a TOS violation to publicly post PMs, or to reference them in public threads?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  2. Senior Member
    I think it has been frowned upon but not against TOS. I just read over the TOS again and didn't see anything prohibiting it.

Why? Got something juicy?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think (and don't quote me!) that it's within TOS unless something has changed. People are going to tell you, then, that it's "generally frowned upon", but *I* say fuck it. If somebody wants to say something nasty under the "protection" of a PM, you have every right to expose it.

And plus also, now I am curious.

And I will beat people up for you. Just saying.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    I think it has been frowned upon but not against TOS. I just read over the TOS again and didn't see anything prohibiting it.

Why? Got something juicy?
    JINX
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBear View Post
    I think (and don't quote me!) that it's within TOS unless something has changed. People are going to tell you, then, that it's "generally frowned upon", but *I* say fuck it. If somebody wants to say something nasty under the "protection" of a PM, you have every right to expose it.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I think it comes down to the specific content and the intent in the sharing. For example, if it is something personal or something that was shared with the provision of secrecy - no-go for me (exception made for situations where that information gives reason to believe there is a danger of harm to someone). If the intent is only to hurt someone or to "gossip, no-go. If, though, the content is relevant, is a direct contradiction to a story being peddled by that same person on the public forums or reveals a very different character than what is being portrayed publicly (ie playing sweet and nice publicly and sending vicious, nasty PMS) - that is fair game.
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Not automatically against TOS, it could be considered bad form by the community depending on what it is. Never share someone's personal info (like address) without their permission (not that you would, just adding that for general informational purposes).
  9. Senior Member
    It's nothing terribly juicy. Actually, it's nothing at all, really. I was just curious about the rules, and looked and didn't see anything.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  10. I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    I'm a boss playa', I don't bleed like you.
    Why is it automatically assumed its something nasty? What if like someone sent her a pm with a love quote and she wanted to post it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast