Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Viewing pics

1. Regular Member

Viewing pics

Advertisements
    Not sure if it's just my computer illiteracy or something else, but I can't view most pictures posted in the forum. There are some I can see, but most of them come up as tiny little boxes with an "x". Any ideas?
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Are you talking about like forum graphics, or pictures that people put into threads (like hosted from photobucket or whatever)?
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Are you talking about like forum graphics, or pictures that people put into threads (like hosted from photobucket or whatever)?
    Pictures that people post.... some of them I can see, but most of them I can't so I don't know if they're from photobucket or what?
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

People can host or link images from pretty much anywhere ... do you use any kind of adds on for your web browser? If you have any kind of add on that blocks certain things (like ads for example), it's possible that something got blacklisted that is also commonly used for people to host pics.

I accidentally added photobucket to my AdBlock once and I couldn't see hardly any pictures.

Also you could try viewing the same page on a different browser (like if you normally use Firefox, try loading it in Chrome or IE etc.) and see if you could see the pics that way? That may help you narrow down what is happening.

If this only happens on MSOS, also be sure to check your forum settings and make sure you have selected to display images.
  5. Regular Member
    LOL I think it just may be my computer illiteracy! Thanks for the suggestions....I'll keep trying to figure this out!