Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So for clarification

1. verabot89
    verabot89

So for clarification

Advertisements
    In plenty of threads the topic starts somewhere and ends up somewhere completely different as a result of the flow of the conversation. Is this no longer allowed/is that considered going off topic?
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It depends on the nature of the flow of the thread.

If you have questions regarding a specific thread, please feel free to start a private channel thread with staff.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The tos prohibit posting to deliberately derail a thread. At least that is what I thought it said. I was always under the impression that going with the flow was allowed.
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    The tos prohibit posting to deliberately derail a thread. At least that is what I thought it said. I was always under the impression that going with the flow was allowed.
    That's what I always thought... apparently we've all been wrong?

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    It depends on the nature of the flow of the thread.

If you have questions regarding a specific thread, please feel free to start a private channel thread with staff.
    How are we supposed to know? As a fairly new person still there have been times I haven't posted something because I still don't feel like I understand what exactly constitutes "staying on topic" and I'd rather not say anything than violate TOS
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    How are we supposed to know? As a fairly new person still there have been times I haven't posted something because I still don't feel like I understand what exactly constitutes "staying on topic" and I'd rather not say anything than violate TOS

I don't really consider myself "new" but I don't understand this concept either, it tends to change... or recently changed
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Natural thread shifts happen and are fine. Asking an OP for more information or responding to other posters in a thread is fine. Specifically speaking to and disagreeing with the perceived intentions of the original poster and the clarified topic are NOT fine.

If people question the intentions or true nature of a post, they may handle that either via PM or in the BR, if the member has access. Members without access to the BR can be addressed by using the Venting Forum.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    Natural thread shifts happen and are fine. Asking an OP for more information or responding to other posters in a thread is fine. Specifically speaking to and disagreeing with the perceived intentions of the original poster and the clarified topic are NOT fine.

If people question the intentions or true nature of a post, they may handle that either via PM or in the BR, if the member has access. Members without access to the BR can be addressed by using the Venting Forum.
    Doesn't this occur in threads where the OP's story sounds sketchy and posters are trying to understand when what is initially stated and the clarification just don't fit chronologically/gramatically/doesn't make sense?
  9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    Doesn't this occur in threads where the OP's story sounds sketchy and posters are trying to understand when what is initially stated and the clarification just don't fit chronologically/gramatically/doesn't make sense?
    Asking for clarification is one thing. It's when members begin to call out the clarification as untruthful, that it becomes an issue. The best way I can explain it is that most threads do naturally drift, that not the problem. The issue becomes when that drifting results in direct or indirect call out of a member or a member's intentions. There are specific forums for call outs, and when a thread takes a turn for that, in order to minimize drama, it's asked that those call outs be properly placed in the correct forum.

I don't know if that made any sense since it's late and DS is trying to steal my keyboard as I type

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

QUESTION.

Is it off topic that people started talking about cookies in the thread that was posted that started this one? Is that a no no now?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast