Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Editing posts question

1. Senior Member

Editing posts question

Advertisements
    In the past, I *think* I remember a note showing up at the bottom of edited posts that said the time/date of when they were edited.

Does this no longer show up? I've noticed several posts lately that are edited without it showing up. Never edited in a 'bad' way, usually just more information added, spelling changed, etc.

I was just wondering if this feature went away or if it just wasn't showing up for me. TIA!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    maybe they didn't fill in the reason part, i know if i forget to do that, I don't usually see the time and reason for edit..
    Last edited by jaimie14; 04-14-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: to test something
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yup.. that seems to be it.,
  4. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    I think it depends on how quickly you edit after posting. If you do it immediately, the notation won't necessarily show up.
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie14 View Post
    maybe they didn't fill in the reason part, i know if i forget to do that, I don't usually see the time and reason for edit..
    I always thought it was supposed to show up regardless of if the 'edit' part was filled in.

I could be wrong, though. I always write 'ETA' if I add something, but I've never checked to see if the time stamp is on my posts when I change a spelling.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojobanana View Post
    I think it depends on how quickly you edit after posting. If you do it immediately, the notation won't necessarily show up.
    This is my experience too.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I always thought it was supposed to show up regardless of if the 'edit' part was filled in.

I could be wrong, though. I always write 'ETA' if I add something, but I've never checked to see if the time stamp is on my posts when I change a spelling.
    I just tested it out, and it seems to be if youi put a reason. I posted my first post with no period. Then I edited to add one without a reason a nd saw no time stamp. I edited to add a second period and saw a time stamp, and i filled in a reason
  8. Senior Member
    I just tested it out, and it seems to be if youi put a reason. I posted my first post with no period. Then I edited to add one without a reason a nd saw no time stamp. I edited to add a second period and saw a time stamp, and i filled in a reason
    Thanks! That must be it.

I wish it always timestamped the 'edit'. I always get so confused when I go back and someone's posts says SO much more than it did a few minutes prior.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Thanks! That must be it.

I wish it always timestamped the 'edit'. I always get so confused when I go back and someone's posts says SO much more than it did a few minutes prior.
    It is confusing! Lol
  10. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

If you put a reason it will show no matter what. But if you wait a long time, and don't put a reason, the timestamp will still show up. That is what happens when I edit my sign-up posts for pals. I don't enter a reason, but the info still shows up because they are edited over the course of days or weeks.
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast