Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DearSOS Question

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

DearSOS Question

Advertisements
    I read in one of the stickies to come to the help desk for specific questions on DearSOS, so here I am.

If you submit a DearSOS post/thread, and the moderators deem it "private venting" instead of DearAbby material, how do staff/DearSOS Mods inform you specifically that that is the reason your DearSOS Thread was not approved? Seeing as everything is private, that part confuses me. I haven't even attempted to use DearSOS yet, I just thought of that question and figured someone else would like an answer to it as well.

Also, when someone under the DearSOS username comes back to reply to their thread, how is it determined that that is in fact the same user replying and not some random other person? I read that that was the issue with DearSOS before, so I am curious.

Basically, if I am going to use this service at some point, I'd like it to be as anonymous as possible and as secure as possible. I want to know as much about it as I can and to be well informed.

Thanks so much for your input. Also, I understand some things may not be answered due to private staff information. Anyway, thanks!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We wouldn't notify the member, it just wouldn't be approved.

If a post in a thread seems to not fit, or raises suspicions, we can look at the IPs for each post to see if they match.

The only people that can find out who posted a dearsos are actual staff members. However, it's rare we do that. It's only when there's abuse of dearsos, or posts that a person is going to harm themselves or others (which aren't approved, but we give help/resources).
  3. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Ahhhh Ok. Makes sense. I thought if it wasn't approved there was a notice or something. Basically if 24 hours have gone by and it hasn't been posted, you were not approved-makes sense.

that people don't abuse it again as it seems happened last time.
  4. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Double Post....