Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear SOS

1. NYC Baby
    NYC Baby

Dear SOS

Advertisements
    Any chance it's coming back, ever? There are times when it would be so helpful.
  2. Senior Member
  3. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBiggs View Post
  4. Moderator

DearSOS has currently been replaced by a mentor program: http://www.militarysos.com/forum/sit...s-mentors.html

Unfortunately, there was not a feasible way around the abuse of the DearSOS forum that was going on, but hopefully this new program can give you the help you need.
  5. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    DearSOS has currently been replaced by a mentor program: http://www.militarysos.com/forum/sit...s-mentors.html

Unfortunately, there was not a feasible way around the abuse of the DearSOS forum that was going on, but hopefully this new program can give you the help you need.

It sucks that one person (or multiple, who knows, really) ruined this wonderful feature for everyone who really needed it.
  6. Each day passes is one more day to forever ;)
    Each day passes is one more day to forever ;)

For me myself...some of the stuff I would bring to Dear SOS...I don't even want ANYONE knowing so it really blows that someone ruined that for all of us.

The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step....
    In a love clump with my wifeys Samantha1991 AND Love_my_airmanNP 10/5/11
  7. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottie. View Post

It sucks that one person (or multiple, who knows, really) ruined this wonderful feature for everyone who really needed it.
    Yup.

Mods, question! Is the mentor program going good? I mean is it really effective? I think my only concern with it is there is no animosity. I hope its going good though so people can get the support and help they need.

PS- are you still accepting or willing to add more mentors? Or is the list solid?
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart

Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

8. Moderator

I absolutely agree about one person (or however many were involved) ruining DearSOS for everyone- it is incredibly frustrating.

I couldn't say how the mentor program is going, to be honest. I wouldn't want to reveal anything regarding PMs I personally have received, and I've heard nothing from the other mentors, which at least speaks to the level of professionalism and privacy upheld by each. There is a short list of others who volunteered for the program currently, should the volume of PMs prove to be too much for the current set list. I'm sure we (the staff) are open to additional suggestions on how the program could be improved.
  9. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyHeart View Post
    Yup.

Mods, question! Is the mentor program going good? I mean is it really effective? I think my only concern with it is there is no animosity. I hope its going good though so people can get the support and help they need.

PS- are you still accepting or willing to add more mentors? Or is the list solid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    I absolutely agree about one person (or however many were involved) ruining DearSOS for everyone- it is incredibly frustrating.

I couldn't say how the mentor program is going, to be honest. I wouldn't want to reveal anything regarding PMs I personally have received, and I've heard nothing from the other mentors, which at least speaks to the level of professionalism and privacy upheld by each. There is a short list of others who volunteered for the program currently, should the volume of PMs prove to be too much for the current set list. I'm sure we (the staff) are open to additional suggestions on how the program could be improved.
    I like the idea of the mentors program. I've thought recently about using it for something but I just haven't gotten up the courage

I wonder, still using the mentor program, is there a way to message them anonymously? Like, could the DearSOS be used to only send messages to the mentors? Idk if that's even possible or feasible. It's an idea though.

I like the list of mentors on there. they're ladies who've been around for a while and know the military way. I can't think of anyone who'd be good for it off the top of my head. Besides a couple, anyways. But Idk if they'd even be interested.
  10. Each day passes is one more day to forever ;)
    Each day passes is one more day to forever ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Hottie. View Post
    I like the idea of the mentors program. I've thought recently about using it for something but I just haven't gotten up the courage

I wonder, still using the mentor program, is there a way to message them anonymously? Like, could the DearSOS be used to only send messages to the mentors? Idk if that's even possible or feasible. It's an idea though.

I like the list of mentors on there. they're ladies who've been around for a while and know the military way. I can't think of anyone who'd be good for it off the top of my head. Besides a couple, anyways. But Idk if they'd even be interested.
    This was what I was wondering...like could there be a way to send the messages to mentors anonymously?

The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step....
    In a love clump with my wifeys Samantha1991 AND Love_my_airmanNP 10/5/11
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast