Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Command Holiday Parties!

  1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wild*Rose's Avatar
    Wild*Rose is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,423
    Lv. Percent
    63.21%


    #1

    Command Holiday Parties!

    Advertisements
    What are y'all wearing???

    I bought this dress months ago for it and now DH tells me the theme is "Emmy Awards"...I'm thinking I'll just add some sparkly jewelry.

  2. we were all rooting for you
    KittenMittens's Avatar
    KittenMittens is offline
    we were all rooting for you
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,656
    Lv. Percent
    96.39%
    #2
    That dress is super cute and I know you'll look great in it!
  3. Senior Member
    Medic2Doula's Avatar
    Medic2Doula is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,301
    Lv. Percent
    22.39%
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    What are y'all wearing???

    I bought this dress months ago for it and now DH tells me the theme is "Emmy Awards"...I'm thinking I'll just add some sparkly jewelry.

    that's beautiful

    we are considering having a potluck at our house for dh's unit. They don't do fun stuff other than the navy ball.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Carolina's Avatar
    Carolina is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,612
    Lv. Percent
    13.17%


    #4
    Nothing this year, but last year I wore a dress very similar to that with short sleeves. IMO it's very appropriate and would look great on you!
  5. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    katiebee's Avatar
    katiebee is offline
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,970
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

    #5
    I am going to reuse a dress that I wore a few years ago for a party w/ a different command. Its a cute maroon knee length dress w/ little black polka dots that has a nice a-line skirt and a skinny black belt w/ a bow. Its sleeveless though so I need to find a little black sweater to go w/ it.
  6. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    rayfinkle's Avatar
    rayfinkle is offline
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18,491
    Lv. Percent
    96.01%
    #6
    Way cute dress! I vote for an ugly christmas sweater though.


    life's a party, rock your body
  7. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,760
    Lv. Percent
    56.6%
    #7
    I love it!

    I'm not sure what I'll be wearing. I meet with the other volunteers this week to help plan the party so we'll see if ours has a theme!




  8. Senior Member
    villanelle's Avatar
    villanelle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,746
    Lv. Percent
    13.05%
    #8
    Which one? We have the OSC holiday party (casual), the Khaki Holiday party (holiday tacky), the squadron children's holiday party (casual), and the squadron holiday party (cocktail). Plus DH and I are going to the base holiday party (business) and an Admiral's holiday party (cocktail), and then an event put on by the Japanese Forces we share the base with (dressy business)

    So damn many parties!!!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. Senior Member
    Medic2Doula's Avatar
    Medic2Doula is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,301
    Lv. Percent
    22.39%
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Which one? We have the OSC holiday party (casual), the Khaki Holiday party (holiday tacky), the squadron children's holiday party (casual), and the squadron holiday party (cocktail). Plus DH and I are going to the base holiday party (business) and an Admiral's holiday party (cocktail), and then an event put on by the Japanese Forces we share the base with (dressy business)

    So damn many parties!!!

    holy cow
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wild*Rose's Avatar
    Wild*Rose is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,423
    Lv. Percent
    63.21%


    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    That dress is super cute and I know you'll look great in it!
    awe thanks girl! Finding a cute, plus size, maternity dress was actually harder than I expected haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    that's beautiful

    we are considering having a potluck at our house for dh's unit. They don't do fun stuff other than the navy ball.
    thank you! A potluck sounds like fun!! I always find sometimes more casual is better! Our ship was actually gone for the ball so this is the first Navy event we have been to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Nothing this year, but last year I wore a dress very similar to that with short sleeves. IMO it's very appropriate and would look great on you!
    Thank you I'm so glad you said, and I see others saying, they wore similar! I was kinda worried about being underdressed lol the couple other girls I've talked to are wearing their prom dresses...
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebee View Post
    I am going to reuse a dress that I wore a few years ago for a party w/ a different command. Its a cute maroon knee length dress w/ little black polka dots that has a nice a-line skirt and a skinny black belt w/ a bow. Its sleeveless though so I need to find a little black sweater to go w/ it.
    That sounds super cute! I can totally picture you looking great in maroon!
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    Way cute dress! I vote for an ugly christmas sweater though.
    thanks haha I have always wanted to go to one of those parties! Somehow every Christmas party I end up at is fancier lol
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I love it!

    I'm not sure what I'll be wearing. I meet with the other volunteers this week to help plan the party so we'll see if ours has a theme!
    thank you!! I'm jealous you guys actually get to meet with the planners/ help plan! Ours was kinda dictated by the ship haha like they haven't even shared the flier with the families just posted it on the ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Which one? We have the OSC holiday party (casual), the Khaki Holiday party (holiday tacky), the squadron children's holiday party (casual), and the squadron holiday party (cocktail). Plus DH and I are going to the base holiday party (business) and an Admiral's holiday party (cocktail), and then an event put on by the Japanese Forces we share the base with (dressy business)

    So damn many parties!!!
    wow that is a lot! I'm partially jealous (I miss getting dressed up) but partially not of finding that many dresses! lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •