Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas theme

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Christmas theme

Advertisements
    Do you guys have a specific theme for your Christmas tree and other decorations? Last year ours was very classic and we used all red silver and gold. This year we started collecting ornaments from places we have visited and different life events but have stuck to the same color theme.
  2. Senior Member
    Our tree is all over the place with no theme at all. I pick whatever ornaments I like.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    Do you guys have a specific theme for your Christmas tree and other decorations? Last year ours was very classic and we used all red silver and gold. This year we started collecting ornaments from places we have visited and different life events but have stuck to the same color theme.
    I use a woodland theme, I like the ribbon and berries with pine cones. We also collect ornaments from places we travel to, usually one a year. This year we got one in Belize made out of recycled metal (local made). It's a great idea and fun to go through every year and remember each one.
  4. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    My sister and I have exchanged Hallmark Keepsake ornaments since we were in our teens, so the majority of ornaments are those. I also have some random ornaments I've gotten from other family members throughout the years. I do have some smaller red, white, and blue ornament balls that used to go on the tree as well but now I have too many Keepsake ornaments that there's no room for anything else
    ~Becca~

5. Senior Member
    We have an orange tree, a blue and silver tree, a peacock tree (ornaments are teal, purple, green, and peacock feathers), and travel tree, and I'm working on ornaments for a Navy/ aviation tree and a book tree. Sadly, all but one went in to storage when we didn't realize it was going to be nearly forever before we saw that stuff again. I miss my Christmas decorations!

Yes, I'm obsessed. (My sister has even more trees than I do, including a 13 foot Disney tree that is amazing.)
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Whatever we find, we put on the tree. It is more for memories then anything else.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. Senior Member
    I put up two trees. One in our living room is more formal and dressy and I try to find a new theme each year. Not sure what it's going to be this year but last year I used red birds, small french horns and pearl like garland.

Then I put up a small "family" tree in our TV room that is more of the homemade, family oriented ornaments. That tree is a little bit of everything from ornaments the kids made in school to family keepsakes passed down.
  8. Senior Member
    My mom has always put Poinsetta lights (still does) on her Christmas tree. Since this is the first year dh and I will have a real tree together(not a charlie brown tree ), I will be on the hunt for poinsetta lights! I can't imagine my tree without them!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  9. Moderator

I have one purple/silver tree and one red/gold tree. The kid/family ornaments go on the red one.
  10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Yes we do our tree in all red and gold because I just love the look of it, it feels really rich and holiday to me. It's not really a theme because we have lots of different ornaments, but we have a tradition with Starbucks ornaments and every year they take up more of the tree so I guess it's going to be Starbucks-themed eventually.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast