Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gifts

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Christmas Gifts

Advertisements
    Have y'all started your Christmas shopping yet? What are you getting certain people? What's something you wish to receive?

I'll be sending my mom flowers/edible arrangement and a Hawaii goodie box and my brother gift cards to GNC or similar. My closest friends will be getting custom family Hawaii ornaments. Two have toddlers, one just had a baby recently, and one just got engaged.

I personally enjoy adventures more than gifts, and DB and I just booked our trip to the Big Island for a week over Christmas. Planning on doing a night snorkel with Manta Rays on Christmas night.
  2. Senior Member
    I got my parents an autographed Spurs picture since they're diehard fans. DH and I are going to NYC so that will be our Christmas gift to eachother. My friends will be getting handmade ornaments.

3. Senior Member
    My sister is getting a bunch of Disney stuff that I got at various 100yen stores (like a dollar store, but so much better) and at Tokyo DisneySea. I need to get something else for her as well.

My DH is getting a new AppleTV. I don't understand why we need a new one, but he really asks for so little and spends to little money that when he really wants something, I don't object.

DH and I may also be going to New Zealand in January. Our goal is 50 countries together by the time we are 50, and we need to get moving. We've got less than 10 years left, and we need 7 countries, IIRC. All the easy, obvious ones are done.

I haven't really decided for anyone else, and i need to get moving, because I have to ship in the next couple of weeks for stuff to make it on time, unless I just order online and have it shipped to them.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    My sister is getting a bunch of Disney stuff that I got at various 100yen stores (like a dollar store, but so much better) and at Tokyo DisneySea. I need to get something else for her as well.

My DH is getting a new AppleTV. I don't understand why we need a new one, but he really asks for so little and spends to little money that when he really wants something, I don't object.

DH and I may also be going to New Zealand in January. Our goal is 50 countries together by the time we are 50, and we need to get moving. We've got less than 10 years left, and we need 7 countries, IIRC. All the easy, obvious ones are done.

I haven't really decided for anyone else, and i need to get moving, because I have to ship in the next couple of weeks for stuff to make it on time, unless I just order online and have it shipped to them.
    That's amazing. I'm jealous!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm getting a monogramed cheese board for my parents, a nice blanket for my grandparents, and a wine tote/picnic thing for my brother and his fiancé. For DH I have no idea yet! I also prefer doing things over gifts but we don't really have the time to do anything here before we move. For DH's family we draw names out of a hat to buy for so we won't know who we have until after Thanksgiving.
  6. Senior Member
    My family has requested that we don't get them anything since it's going to cost us quite a bit to get home for the holidays and that's hard to manage when we're trying to pay my tuition. They consider seeing us their gift. DHs family isn't doing gifts this year.

I have picked up some really small things over the past few months for everyone though.
  7. Regular Member
    I got my sister a Vera Bradley duffel bag. I knew I was gonna get it a month ago so I kept an eye in my email for a big sale on the Vera Bradley website. So I ended up getting an $85 duffel bag for $39! I'm pretty excited about that purchase!
  8. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

I'm already 99% done with my Christmas shopping. We have one more gift to buy, and it's DH's present for the gift exchange at my grandparents. I really don't have anything on my list of things I want.

9. Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    I haven't even started shopping yet christmas is going to be very small this year due to finances etc ever since my son passed I haven't been able to get ahead. Trying to figure out diy gifts for my kids to give to grand parents etc.
    Mommy to Jocelyn, Jazmine (angel baby), Jayson (My Angel in the sky)and Jacquelyn
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    My family has requested that we don't get them anything since it's going to cost us quite a bit to get home for the holidays and that's hard to manage when we're trying to pay my tuition. They consider seeing us their gift. DHs family isn't doing gifts this year.

I have picked up some really small things over the past few months for everyone though.
    I feel like that's really reasonable. If I was flying home my family would say the same thing, and I probably wouldn't bring more than small tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaseyna View Post
    I got my sister a Vera Bradley duffel bag. I knew I was gonna get it a month ago so I kept an eye in my email for a big sale on the Vera Bradley website. So I ended up getting an $85 duffel bag for $39! I'm pretty excited about that purchase!
    I love VB! There's a outlet store here that usually has 50% off sales, then they do another 10% off for being military... it can be dangerous.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast