Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find a "hook-on" Christmas tree?

1. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries

Where can I find a "hook-on" Christmas tree?

Advertisements
    I've been looking and I'm trying to find hook branch Christmas trees but i have only found one so far and I'm worried that it is a cheap one and will look really cheap. (Amazon.com - Holiday Time Non-lit 6.5' Christmas Tree, Green -)

A hook on tree has the individual branches separate from the center post and you put on the branches individually. I have a hinge one currently and I absolutely can't stand it and my mom has a hook on and I love how easy it is (for me at least). I dunno I'm weird with what I consider easy, but the hinge tree has to go, I don't know if it's just poor quality or I can't handle the dumb hinges and the frustrations of fluffing each branch with all the other branches in the way and losing track of what branch I'm on and the lighting hassle. I dunno I have been decorating my moms hook on tree that I know how to set that sucker up super quick whereas my tree takes FOREVER to set up.

Has any one seen them in stores or online anywhere? I'd really appreciate the help!

Fur/feather momma to Zeus, Inky, Doodle, and Hermes
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

What's your budget? I googled "hooked branch christmas tree" and several of them showed up but some of them were on the pricier end ...

It looks like this company on newegg has a whole bunch of hooked branch trees for sale. I've bought from newegg before and had nothing but good experiences:
    Marketplace, Timeless Holidays, Inc., Holiday Decor - Newegg.com
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    What's your budget? I googled "hooked branch christmas tree" and several of them showed up but some of them were on the pricier end ...

It looks like this company on newegg has a whole bunch of hooked branch trees for sale. I've bought from newegg before and had nothing but good experiences:
    Marketplace, Timeless Holidays, Inc., Holiday Decor - Newegg.com
    I second newegg. Got my laptop on there!
  4. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries
    Huh newegg has christmas trees!

Mostly just looking at pricing, haven't really decided on a budget yet, I tend to just look around til I find one where I like the price. Preferably under $200.

I don't see any hooked branches on that link I see all prelit which usually is not hook branches. Am I just being tired and not seeing them?

5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If you look at the description it says the branches are hook on, and individually lit ... hmm I guess they are all pre-lit though I didn't notice that part.
  6. Senior Member
    I have a 6 foot one that I got maybe 5 years ago at Home Depot. Not pre-lit.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    If you look at the description it says the branches are hook on, and individually lit ... hmm I guess they are all pre-lit though I didn't notice that part.
    Lol yeah it does say hook on, hmmm worth looking into although Idk if I want to mess with prelit... I always end up trying to fix my MIL prelit tree and its a PITA. And I'm curious how a prelit hook on works...

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I have a 6 foot one that I got maybe 5 years ago at Home Depot. Not pre-lit.
    And its a hook on? Hmmm I may have to look there and see if they still carry them. They are becoming harder and harder to find and my sources say they should be inexpensive because people don't wanna pay for more work.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bugbabe623 View Post
    Lol yeah it does say hook on, hmmm worth looking into although Idk if I want to mess with prelit... I always end up trying to fix my MIL prelit tree and its a PITA. And I'm curious how a prelit hook on works...

And its a hook on? Hmmm I may have to look there and see if they still carry them. They are becoming harder and harder to find and my sources say they should be inexpensive because people don't wanna pay for more work.
    Definitely hook on. Our other, larger (12 feet, I think) tree is three sections, and I like that so much better. But it's not worth buying a new tree over, so we keep using the hook in, and dealing with sort the branches into the various sizes and assembling the thing. Actually, we haven't had a tree since we left the States and put them in storage, but when we did put up trees, we didn't love the hook in. But for 30 minutes a year, it was worth it because it was cheap.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    call me crazy..
    i had no idea hook trees weren't the norm.. i thought that is all they sold in non pre-lit form...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  10. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    call me crazy..
    i had no idea hook trees weren't the norm.. i thought that is all they sold in non pre-lit form...
    Apparently my mother's hook on tree is from her childhood and the new "hinge" ones are supposed to be easier... I don't know if I just fail at life but I absolutely hate my hinge tree, it also comes in three sections but I get really frustrated with the hinges, but I imagine they are nicer when they aren't cheap hinges. And now apparently I'm now shopping to find my mom a replacement hook tree as well haha.

But yeah they stopped selling them because they aren't convenient although they are much lighter than the hinge ones. IDK I'm probably nuts but then again i like being able to hold each branch separately and take my time making my tree look awesome and my mom had a system for lighting a hook on tree that I like but can't get with on my hinge tree. I tend to get perfectionist when I'm decorating so the fact that I can lay a strand evenly on each layer of tree without other branches in the way or falling on my head pleases me! Haha.

I think what made the hook on tree easier is my grandpa was VERY OCD and wrote instructions out and color coded each branch himself on where they went and it made life much simpler when putting it together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast