Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easter Menu

1. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

Advertisements
    Probably nothing too fancy. DH and I are going down there, but he's spending time with his dad and step-mom and I'm going to see my mom, sister and nephew so I don't know what I'll be eating.

2. Senior Member

I'm sure we will be eating Turkish food.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Volare. View Post
    Recipe? That sounds delish!
    Quote Originally Posted by JRNemo View Post
    Hmm. I hadn't even thought of it yet probably a ham, maybe some potatoes for DH, rolls/bread/something. Maybe macaroni. I'm not really big on sides like potatoes or cooked veggies so I never know what else to cook on holidays besides a ham or turkey.

Also, Dr Pepper ham? Do you have a link to a recipe?
    Glazed Easter Ham | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond
    This is the exact recipe I use

It is freakin' DELICIOUS. I made an entire ham last year (it ended up only being me and DH too.. .whoops) but we ate the entire thing over the course of like a week So good!

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    Glazed Easter Ham | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond
    This is the exact recipe I use

It is freakin' DELICIOUS. I made an entire ham last year (it ended up only being me and DH too.. .whoops) but we ate the entire thing over the course of like a week So good!
    Thanks! After you first posted I searched a bunch of recipies and that exact one was the one I decided I was going to use! So glad it's the one you used, too! So excited!
  5. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Homemade raviolis -- I'm bustin' out my pasta maker. I'll also be making homemade cannoli pie, pizza piena (it's like a quiche with prociutto, ham, eggs, ricotta) and maybe some chamellone (lemon cookie ring) for dessert. I wish I had enough folks around me to justify making the full spread, but it's just DH and I

www.SnarkyFit.com
  6. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    mmmmmm enchiladas
    Quote Originally Posted by KnittingGuamMama View Post
    Ohh, yum... Maybe we'll be doing Mexican, too
    It should be bomb! My friend is making some guacamole too

That's definitely different

I made this really bomb ham last year using dr.pepper, so DH requested it this year. I'm just always at a loss for side dishes that aren't carbs
    Mmm that sounds really good. What about salad, green beans (they're awesome sauteed with bacon and shallots), spaghetti squash au gratin and roasted veggies?

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    It should be bomb! My friend is making some guacamole too

Mmm that sounds really good. What about salad, green beans (they're awesome sauteed with bacon and shallots), spaghetti squash au gratin and roasted veggies?
    DH would touch none of those things He HATES green beans. They make him want to puke. Doesn't eat salad, probably wouldn't touch squash... the only veggies he likes are carrots, and raw cauliflower. He's a pain in the ass Roasted veggies sounds good for me though. I might just have to make multiple meals

8. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    DH would touch none of those things He HATES green beans. They make him want to puke. Doesn't eat salad, probably wouldn't touch squash... the only veggies he likes are carrots, and raw cauliflower. He's a pain in the ass Roasted veggies sounds good for me though. I might just have to make multiple meals
    Oh shit, sorry Don't know what I'd do...though I kind of get it because DH has been on a kick lately of refusing veggies (even though he likes them...?) and eating cold spaghettios as his main food source

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    Oh shit, sorry Don't know what I'd do...though I kind of get it because DH has been on a kick lately of refusing veggies (even though he likes them...?) and eating cold spaghettios as his main food source
    oh god that's fucking disgusting DH said he's going to invite his guys over, which will be nice to actually have people to cook for. I think I'll make potatoes and mac and cheese, and maybe a few smaller side dishes of roasted veggies and a salad. Men

10. Mom to Rebekah
    Mom to Rebekah
    We don't celebrate Easter but DH's family does so we go there for dinner. They always have the same things.
    Ham
    Roast chicken
    broccoli and cheese
    green beans
    corn
    seven layer salad
    baked mac and cheese
    mashed potatoes
    rolls

I am making homemade butter, and cupcakes to take.
    Mom to Rebekah
    Tree hugging, peace loving, hippie.
    I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church.
    For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
    Khalil Gibran
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast