Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When do you...

1. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

When do you...

Advertisements
    ...take down your tree? Now that it's after Christmas, I've been wondering how long you keep yours up. At my mom's house we would take it down the week of New Years. Now that DH and I live together, it's up to us to decide.
  2. Senior Member
    Sometime after Mardi Gras. Sometimes in Jan.

My great Aunt left hers up all year and just changed out the deco for each season! Loved going to their house
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    asap we took ours down today. We always live in tight quarters though so I am anxious to get the space back!
  4. Senior Member

We didn't get to put one up this year because of the PCS but I'm pretty sure DH took ours down Dec 26th last year. I would prefer to keep it up longer though.
  5. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

We left ours up until like February last year. This year I think we'll take it down sooner. I'm kinda ready for the other Christmas stuff to be gone already.
  6. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

Quote Originally Posted by fallinstar View Post
    Sometime after Mardi Gras. Sometimes in Jan.

My great Aunt left hers up all year and just changed out the deco for each season! Loved going to their house
    I would LOVE to do that, but I don't think DH would like that very much

Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    asap we took ours down today. We always live in tight quarters though so I am anxious to get the space back!
    I can understand that! We live in tight quarters too, but we recently moved here so we don't have much. Once the tree goes down, we'll have more empty space!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    We didn't get to put one up this year because of the PCS but I'm pretty sure DH took ours down Dec 26th last year. I would prefer to keep it up longer though.
    December 26 is soooo soon! I hope you get to keep yours up longer next year!

Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    We left ours up until like February last year. This year I think we'll take it down sooner. I'm kinda ready for the other Christmas stuff to be gone already.
    The Christmas stuff (other than the tree) I don't mind being packed up. I'm ready for that stuff to go away
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Growing up, it usually stayed up til around epiphany (Jan 6), but DH and I are planning to do it on Jan 1 this time since that is when we are both going to be off of work and all the Christmas celebrations will be over.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Whenever it starts to look like crap, pretty much. Ours this year was a disaster and keeps falling over so today or tomorrow it'll probably be gone. Usually I try to keep them looking nice until Orthodox Christmas on January 7th. For that reason we typically put the tree up really close to the 25th.
  9. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Special View Post
    Growing up, it usually stayed up til around epiphany (Jan 6), but DH and I are planning to do it on Jan 1 this time since that is when we are both going to be off of work and all the Christmas celebrations will be over.
    We're going back to our hometown for New Years so our celebrations won't be over until January 7th-ish. Debating whether to take the tree down before or after we leave on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender_jane View Post
    Whenever it starts to look like crap, pretty much. Ours this year was a disaster and keeps falling over so today or tomorrow it'll probably be gone. Usually I try to keep them looking nice until Orthodox Christmas on January 7th. For that reason we typically put the tree up really close to the 25th.
    I'm sorry your tree kept falling over!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
    We're going back to our hometown for New Years so our celebrations won't be over until January 7th-ish. Debating whether to take the tree down before or after we leave on Monday.

I'm sorry your tree kept falling over!
    It was so beautiful at first Why, tree? Why??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast