Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: It's that time of year...

1. Senior Member

It's that time of year...

Advertisements
    ...when we make resolutions. I'm pretty good at sticking to mine over the long haul, with maybe a wobble here and there. It might take two years for something I resolved to do to happen, but I generally get there. For instance, I ran a marathon this year but still can't do a pull up. Will have to keep working on that one.

This year I'm making a big discrete resolution: to encourage others. Looking back on a friendship that has recently dissolved on me, I've thought of instances where my friend, when I came up with a great idea, instead of encouraging me, immediately came up with a laundry list of reasons it wouldn't work. Mind you, I wasn't coming up with destructive ideas, or impossible schemes, but reasonable dreams that I could achieve. And yet, she shot me down. I figure most people are like me and can see the possible bad outcomes all by themselves pretty well and don't need them pointed out at the beginning of a venture.

Why is it that people are so quick to throw up roadblocks instead of being cheerleaders?

So my resolution (one of them) is to encourage the dreams of others. If someone comes up with a fantastic business plan or invention, I am going to shore them up and not tear them down. I am going to be a force of positivity for people. I want the people I love to achieve their dreams, and I want that for congenial strangers, too.

So, what are you resolving to do in the new year?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Ya know I've never once made a resolution and I think I'm going to do it this year!

My first one will be to not stress about baby making and to not dwell on whats happened in the past.. Next year is going to be a new year and I intend to make it the best one yet!
  3. Senior Member
    Last year my resolution was to stop leaving the house with wet hair I've succeeded.

I think my new resolution will be to make myself get in the shower immediately when I wake up every day. I hate taking showers and the whole getting ready process so I'm always late for everything.
  4. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    I rarely keep my resolutions so I'm going to need to think about it this time. LOL

I like yours, OP. That sounds like a really great one.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

My news years resolution is to improve my work/life balance. I'm committing to taking my full lunch hour and not sneaking back in to do extra work. Also I'm committing to not bringing work home with me.
  6. Senior Member
    Sounds like most everyone has a good plan. In keeping with mine, I will tell you all that you can do it!
  7. sassypants
    sassypants
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    My news years resolution is to improve my work/life balance. I'm committing to taking my full lunch hour and not sneaking back in to do extra work. Also I'm committing to not bringing work home with me.
    I need to work on this too! It has been tooooo long since I have been able to write music or hike or climb, because I am either working or doing school
    rocket_liz is my wifey
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Where to begin...

I think I'll start with quitting my job It's a dead end for me and I know it but I'm having a really hard time letting go and putting myself back out there. It's time for bigger and better things.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Last year my resolution was to stop leaving the house with wet hair I've succeeded.

I think my new resolution will be to make myself get in the shower immediately when I wake up every day. I hate taking showers and the whole getting ready process so I'm always late for everything.
    Your life just revolves around showering, huh? lol

My resolutions:
    Work on my overall wellness- sleeping better, planning meals instead of eating out, getting a personal trainer
    Work on my spiritual wellbeing- make time for daily prayer/conversation with God
    Learn to keep to a budget