Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decked the Halls [IMG heavy]

1. Senior Member

Decked the Halls [IMG heavy]

Advertisements
    I have finally almost finished decorating the house for Christmas. First year getting to go full out with decor! Last year we had the tree, stocking and a wreath on the wall. This year I put up lights outside and in the windows and table since my family gave me some extra lights and a wreath they had. So here's what I've done. Only thing left is to decorate the little Norfolk Island Pine I have in the bedroom.

Our tree with ridiculous amount of gifts. The tree skirt is new as well, I made it for this year to match the colors. Last year we did green, silver and white. So last year's skirt was white. This year we went with traditional Christmas colors, gold, red and green.

New ornaments I made this year. I'm making ornaments each year to add to our collection so it's not all store bought balls. I have three more that I'm working on and will put up when they are finished.

I love hearing jingle bells, so I made one of those door hangers.

Wreath I made and the garland. I'll get a picture of the garland light up soon.

New stockings I made for this year. Included one for the cats this time so they can get some new toys.

I also put lights out back on our little fence. I'm planning on roasting hotdogs and smores out back on Christmas Eve, kind of our tradition. So I wanted to decorate out back to make it pretty. I'll get photos of it when we do the weenie roast so I can get the fire and everything.

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

that looks awesome! i love your tree!!!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    How pretty.

I just wasn't able to get much decor done this year. We only put up the one, main tree this year.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful! But where are the cats?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Looks amazing I love the tree!

6. Senior Member
    i love the ornaments!
  7. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Very pretty! Wish we had a nice tree, but all we have is the little dollar store tinsel tree I bought a couple years ago.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

So pretty! You're inspiring me to work on mine tonight Also, I love the idea of a weenie roast tradition!
  9. Senior Member
    Oh your tree is massive and gorgeous! Totally love! <3 the ornaments you've made are lovely. So doing that next year i do believe.

10. Senior Member
    Here are the kitty cats Asher.

Whiskers isn't thrilled that I suck all these presents under his tree. And thanks everyone! I love the tree, it took me forever last year to find the right one. DH kept telling me to get one that was like 5' and I just can't have a tree that I am taller than. It has to be taller than me or it's just not right, plus finding one that is full enough. The only thing is, it's one of the old types that you put each branch in yourself and DH doesn't like those . I like one's that aren't prelit so I can put my multi-function lights on it or colored lights if I want. I'm kinda picky with trees.

http://www.militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31330&dateline=1307403724
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast