Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Bought our Turkey!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Bought our Turkey!

Advertisements
    So I bought our first turkey that I will be cooking all by myself! I am so excited that I will be cooking thanksgiving this year for my little family!

I also got rolls (frozen dough that you bake), and stuff to make green bean casserole! Which I can't say that I have ever ate that before!

I can't believe thanksgiving is already here!
  2. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries

This is my first thanksgivig that I'm hosting and I'm proud to say that I ordered my first turkey today!

I'm not quite ready to make my first one all by myself yet.. Maybe next year
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Hottie. View Post

This is my first thanksgivig that I'm hosting and I'm proud to say that I ordered my first turkey today!

I'm not quite ready to make my first one all by myself yet.. Maybe next year
    I think if I was hosting people I probably would've ordered as well so incase I royally screw up I won't have to be embarrassed lol!
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Hollykins, you will do GREAT! It's SO easy! Did you get one with a pop up timer? I used those the first few years I cooked and it was awesome! We didnt have one with a timer the last 2 years i think, but we found a 19lb one with a timer We're having some friends over this year so we got a big turkey! Anyways, don't forget to take pics
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    Hollykins, you will do GREAT! It's SO easy! Did you get one with a pop up timer? I used those the first few years I cooked and it was awesome! We didnt have one with a timer the last 2 years i think, but we found a 19lb one with a timer We're having some friends over this year so we got a big turkey! Anyways, don't forget to take pics
    Good question. lol. I just bought a butterball. I didn't pay attention to the pop up timer just the weight! I guess I should check. And also I kinda thought they all had the timer lol
  6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Kaepernick View Post
    Good question. lol. I just bought a butterball. I didn't pay attention to the pop up timer just the weight! I guess I should check. And also I kinda thought they all had the timer lol

No but even my 19lb one says itll only take 4.5-5hrs, i think, of baking and so far, when we cooked the other 2 without the timers, they turned out well! I suppose you could always buy a meat thermometer, but we havent.
  7. Senior Member

I'm so ready for Thanksgiving. FOOOOOOD. First time in 3 or 4 years that I'll spend with my parents. (Moved to AK and spent last year with my inlaws.) We're hosting this year...but I'm not formal...it's about enjoying each other and havin' fun. So I'm settin' up the cornhole game in the yard and will have music goin'!