Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Ship/Base/Company/Whatever parties!

  1. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #1

    Ship/Base/Company/Whatever parties!

    Advertisements
    Are you going to any group holiday parties? Military or company or something else?

    My department just announced our holiday party...but it's during the day, I can't bring guests, and I'm required to bring a present. How festive.

    DH's company is having a big swanky party but since they're headquartered in Detroit, we won't be going. He's a company rep so there's a chance that the place he works for here in SD will have a party but we haven't heard yet. I really want a fancy holiday party.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Senior Member
    *Palindrome*'s Avatar
    *Palindrome* is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    VA to Japanland!
    Posts
    4,528
    #2

    I work at a hospital and we may have a deparment snack day but besides that nope. It's a bummer, I want to get all dressed up for something.

  3. Senior Member
    RetepDoc's Avatar
    RetepDoc is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,618
    #3
    I am sure DH's unit will have a holiday party that we are forced to go to it always takes the fun out of them when they make it a mandatory event

    But we will definitely be throwing another tacky Christmas sweater party this year!!!!
  4. Senior Member
    Lost&faraway's Avatar
    Lost&faraway is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Home in MN
    Posts
    5,369
    #4
    I dislike the people DH works with so even if they throw one we wont be going. Sometimes my boss throws one but I will only be there a few more weeks. We usually throw a Christmas party for those who cant go home for Christmas but we wont be doing it this year with a new baby keeping us plenty busy. We have been invited to one for a health group we belong to. Whether or not we go will depend on Nikolai and when he shows up.

    I really wanna do something fun for the holidays.

    “It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  5. Senior Member
    HazeGray's Avatar
    HazeGray is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,258

    #5
    My ship cancelled ours because of a change of schedule. But I might be getting new orders at the start of December, so maybe my new command will have a party
    DH's ship isn't having their's until January, but he is transferring at the end of December, and I don't know when the new command is having theres.
    So, I think we might miss out on all four Which is a shame, because the Navy definitely knows how to do holiday parties...

  6. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Rissa*Rawr's Avatar
    Rissa*Rawr is offline
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    25,582
    #6
    I don't think DH has any holiday parties so most likely not. Not really our thing anyways.

    "Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  7. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by *Palindrome* View Post

    I work at a hospital and we may have a deparment snack day but besides that nope. It's a bummer, I want to get all dressed up for something.
    I hope you can find a party to go to! I was so excited this year because it's the first year DH & I are working and he's not too busy working to do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    I am sure DH's unit will have a holiday party that we are forced to go to it always takes the fun out of them when they make it a mandatory event

    But we will definitely be throwing another tacky Christmas sweater party this year!!!!
    Oh man, I've only been to 1 mandatory fun event. It was a family picnic, and a little weird. I've never been to a tacky Christmas sweater party though, that sounds amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost&faraway View Post
    I dislike the people DH works with so even if they throw one we wont be going. Sometimes my boss throws one but I will only be there a few more weeks. We usually throw a Christmas party for those who cant go home for Christmas but we wont be doing it this year with a new baby keeping us plenty busy. We have been invited to one for a health group we belong to. Whether or not we go will depend on Nikolai and when he shows up.

    I really wanna do something fun for the holidays.
    I hope Nikolai comes at a convenient time
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  8. Team Rocket
    rocket_lizz's Avatar
    rocket_lizz is offline
    Team Rocket
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego!!!
    Posts
    9,069
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by HazeGray View Post
    My ship cancelled ours because of a change of schedule. But I might be getting new orders at the start of December, so maybe my new command will have a party
    DH's ship isn't having their's until January, but he is transferring at the end of December, and I don't know when the new command is having theres.
    So, I think we might miss out on all four Which is a shame, because the Navy definitely knows how to do holiday parties...
    Oh no, that's crazy! I hope you get to go to at least one! I've only been to one Navy party (decommissioning) and it was pretty epic. People were drunkenly drinking out of the chocolate fountain by the end of it. It was also my first introduction to anything military related whatsoever so I was like the whole time
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I don't think DH has any holiday parties so most likely not. Not really our thing anyways.
    Are you guys gonna do anything more low key? Caroling (do people do that in CA?)?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  9. Senior Member
    RetepDoc's Avatar
    RetepDoc is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,618
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Oh man, I've only been to 1 mandatory fun event. It was a family picnic, and a little weird. I've never been to a tacky Christmas sweater party though, that sounds amazing!
    Yeah and we don't have kids so it makes the family events even more awkward and boring.

    Tacky Christmas sweater parties are soo much fun!!! If you are looking for a fun theme party I highly recommend it!
  10. Senior Member
    Lost&faraway's Avatar
    Lost&faraway is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Home in MN
    Posts
    5,369
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I hope Nikolai comes at a convenient time
    Thanks. Me too. Right now most bets are hitting about Thanksgiving which would give us plenty of time to recover and get a routine down before Christmas parties start.

    “It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •