Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas musici already?!

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Christmas musici already?!

Advertisements
    Friday on my way to work I was surfing the radio channels and came across two local radio stations that are already playing non-stop Christmas music. We haven't even made it anywhere close to Thanksgiving. Is it just me or does it seem that holidays are becoming more commercialized a lot sooner and turning time way too fast, as if it isn't going by fast enough to begin with. I don't mind hearing the Christmas music starting Black Friday but not at the beginning of November.
    My brother also sent me NFL Christmas ornaments to put on the shelves at work. I couldn't help but shake my head. His idea, if its out then they will buy it. I sell a bunch of small little trinkets that can be great stocking stuffers so I guess for those early shoppers its perfect but I still think its way too soon for Christmasy stuff.
    I have loved for you a thousand years,
    I'll love you for a thousand more
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    - I LOVE Christmas music. We put on our Christmas Pandora channel at work on Friday - it is happy music and we had a very happy day listening to it (which was a nice change given lately work has been hell)
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    - I LOVE Christmas music. We put on our Christmas Pandora channel at work on Friday - it is happy music and we had a very happy day listening to it (which was a nice change given lately work has been hell)
    This! I turned on Christmas music last week. For me, that's completely normal.
  4. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

I went into Kohls yesterday and they were decorated and had Christmas music playing already. I thought it was a little soon, but in general it doesn't bother me.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I love me some Christmas music! I sing it all year long! Christmas makes me feel warm and fuzzy so I don't mind starting the festivities in November because I always think the Christmas seasons comes and goes so quickly.
  6. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

DH was cleaning the house this morning to Christmas music
  7. Senior Member
    Maybe I'm the weird one but I really cannot stand Christmas music. If it's the week of Christmas then I will listen to it a little bit, but any other time nope. Db is the same way he doesn't like it either. But my mom and aunt (who is her twin) will both start playing it right after Halloween and it drives me nuts when I have to ride with her.

8. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loveof3angels View Post
    Friday on my way to work I was surfing the radio channels and came across two local radio stations that are already playing non-stop Christmas music. We haven't even made it anywhere close to Thanksgiving. Is it just me or does it seem that holidays are becoming more commercialized a lot sooner and turning time way too fast, as if it isn't going by fast enough to begin with. I don't mind hearing the Christmas music starting Black Friday but not at the beginning of November.
    My brother also sent me NFL Christmas ornaments to put on the shelves at work. I couldn't help but shake my head. His idea, if its out then they will buy it. I sell a bunch of small little trinkets that can be great stocking stuffers so I guess for those early shoppers its perfect but I still think its way too soon for Christmasy stuff.
    I love christmas music... But I think the first of november is a bit pre-mature as well. the chirstmas decorations for sale don't bother me as much. But for christmas music. Yikes lol
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I love all things Christmas. Once Halloween is over & Starbucks Christmas drinks come out (last Friday btw way, people! ), then it is every thing Christmas for me!

If I was allowed to start decorating outside then it would be winter wonderland all up in here.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I love all things Christmas. Once Halloween is over & Starbucks Christmas drinks come out (last Friday btw way, people! ), then it is every thing Christmas for me!

If I was allowed to start decorating outside then it would be winter wonderland all up in here.
    I was so happy yesterday morning! Caramel brle in the red cup!

I love christmas music and November 1st in perfect for me. I don't mind winter holiday stuff being out so early at stores. I wish Thanksgiving decor got more love, but christmas music for me is perfect for Thanksgiving, so I really don't mind that!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast