Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you going to decorate for Halloween?

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

Are you going to decorate for Halloween?

Advertisements
    Is anyone planning on putting up Halloween decorations? What kind?? I need ideas

I really want to do some fun decor this year but all I have so far are some mini pumpkins. I think I might want a wreathe for the door, and some silly window clings for the bedroom window. I can't easily put anything else in the window since the cats will tear it down. Once DH is back from training we are going to carve pumpkins together too!
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Senior Member
    I have a mini pumpkin I fill with candy (he is a stuffed animal), I also have picture colored and modge podged. I also make cardboard witch hats and attached drawn black cats with hats to my walls.
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I already put my ghost door cover up but I need to get new hooks for my pumpkin lights outside. Then I have multi-colored light up pumpkins that will go on the front window sill. Still have to get some cob webs & spiders... maybe a few other things.

I don't decorate inside though.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Hell yes I am my house is already decorated but thats just because I love halloween

I'm not going to go too crazy since its just me this year so I'll probably just do spider webs on the trees and bushes and stuff on the windows and doors

we have yard stuff but i'm not putting all of that out myself
  5. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I never do, but this year I'm having a mandatory fun day of carving pumpkins. I might also compulsively buy random Halloween related things, like I have a bowl of candy on my counter all year and right now it's in a bowl the previous owner forgot in the dishwasher but I saw a really cute black cat dish that I want to replace it.......Other than that I haven't decided...we don't get trick or treater's so it's only for my own amusement
  6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by snowangel729 View Post
    I have a mini pumpkin I fill with candy (he is a stuffed animal), I also have picture colored and modge podged. I also make cardboard witch hats and attached drawn black cats with hats to my walls.
    I wonder if I could get my real black cat to wear a witch hat

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I already put my ghost door cover up but I need to get new hooks for my pumpkin lights outside. Then I have multi-colored light up pumpkins that will go on the front window sill. Still have to get some cob webs & spiders... maybe a few other things.

I don't decorate inside though.
    Ooo pumpkin lights sound fun!!
  7. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanerr View Post
    Hell yes I am my house is already decorated but thats just because I love halloween

I'm not going to go too crazy since its just me this year so I'll probably just do spider webs on the trees and bushes and stuff on the windows and doors

we have yard stuff but i'm not putting all of that out myself
    I asked Dh if I could put fake webs on the patio and he was like "....its full of real spiders, why would you add fake ones?!" I wish I had a tree or something, but I only have grass.

Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    I never do, but this year I'm having a mandatory fun day of carving pumpkins. I might also compulsively buy random Halloween related things, like I have a bowl of candy on my counter all year and right now it's in a bowl the previous owner forgot in the dishwasher but I saw a really cute black cat dish that I want to replace it.......Other than that I haven't decided...we don't get trick or treater's so it's only for my own amusement
    A cat bowl sounds cute! 2 years ago DH got a crap ton of trick or treaters and wasn't prepared so last year he got a ton of candy and didn't get a single one So I have no idea if we'll get any or not.
  8. Senior Member
    I do 'fall' decorations because I'm lazy and don't want to take stuff down Nov.1 I like holiday decorations I can leave up for two months.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  9. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Ooo pumpkin lights sound fun!!
    DH got them for me a few years ago. I love them so much but never got to use them since we've never decorated before. DH doesn't even carve pumpkins with me. He's such a buzz kill.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  10. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    I do 'fall' decorations because I'm lazy and don't want to take stuff down Nov.1 I like holiday decorations I can leave up for two months.
    We left out Xmas lights up past Valentines day last year. Definitely lazy here too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    DH got them for me a few years ago. I love them so much but never got to use them since we've never decorated before. DH doesn't even carve pumpkins with me. He's such a buzz kill.
    I wonder if I can find some little ghost lights for my patio I bet they'd be cute. Are you going to carve some anyways? I can just imagine gavin liking the squishy seed goop, it seems like it's something kids like to play with
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast