Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Trees overseas?

1. Señor Member
    Señor Member

Christmas Trees overseas?

Advertisements
    Yes, I'm aware that Christmas is not only an American holiday but I've heard nothing but how impossible it is to get good christmas decor, let alone a tree, in Okinawa. Does anybody know of any sites that will ship a tree (artificial) to APO addresses? Most places I'm seeing have a 35lbs limit to what they can ship APO/FPO and I'm pretty sure that would interfere with the weight of an artificial Christmas tree over 3 feet tall

be cool.
  2. Senior Member
    I know hobby lobby has christmas trees in July. I can't remember if your stuff has been picked up already. You can shop online so maybe hobby lobby? I know we have a 70 lb limit, so a tree could totally be shipped.

3. Senior Member
    probably amazon. We literally get everything from amazon
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Also the px should have a good stock I would think, just shop early cuz they will go fast!! If all else fails have a family member ship it piece by piece
  5. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    Also the px should have a good stock I would think, just shop early cuz they will go fast!! If all else fails have a family member ship it piece by piece
    Yeah all I've heard is you have to get there right when they come on the shelves to get anything more than the charlie brown christmas tree

be cool.
  6. Senior Member
    The “live” Christmas trees they get on mainland Japan are pretty much dead on arrival. We brought an artificial tree in our pack-out. They to carry them on base but are super expensive. Packages mailed to FPO/APO may not exceed 70 lbs or exceed 130 inches in combined length and girth.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    That's actually a pretty good idea!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The BX has them. they are ok in price. We brought ours over with us.

In Germany, you can get some artificial ones; but, I have no idea on the cost.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Senior Member

They sell a lot of artificial trees at Kadena and Foster BX/PX and they do live trees at Kadena in the BX parking lot. Foster usually has a better selection of decor.
  10. Senior Member
    Don't plan on buying much stuff out in town. (I'm assuming the situation in Oki is similar to the mainland.) Yes, the Japanese have recently embraced Christmas, but there is something just a little off about it. And the selection of decorations is very, very limited. I bought a tiny (maybe 18 inch) fake tree at a store in town and a few packs of cheap ornaments from the base and made due with that, since I knew our Japanese house would have limited storage. I didn't want to take up space with my tree and boxes of ornaments. If you must have a larger tree and nice ornaments, I'd bring it with you if you already own it.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast