Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy 4th of July!

1. Senior Member

Happy 4th of July!

Advertisements

What are your plans for the day? There's a 'hometown' celebration at the bigger post in Graf, hopefully we'll go to that to see some fireworks. We had a company BBQ yesterday, that was fun. I wish we could set off our own fireworks but I'm pretty sure that's illegal here in Germany Hope everyone has a fun day!

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The Fourth is almost over here already (7p) but DH had to work until 1 this afternoon and then we went grocery shopping and we went to the NEX and bought baby a car seat So patriotic!! It was a wash out here, though, and it was cold (cold being 75* here and we're on long pants, long shirts, and sweatpants ). I'm not even sure if the fireworks scheduled at Guam's Liberation Day carnival are still on tonight.
  3. Senior Member

Kadena did their fireworks and stuff last Saturday. I know Torii Station is having a big thing at the beach today but I'm not going. DH had to work today so Aria and I just went to the BX and bought her some new headbands. So exciting...
  4. Senior Member
    We had a potluck BBQ at a friends house with tons of yummy food, water slides, and a trampoline for the kids. While it was cool here for Guam it was a good day to be outside and the majority of us are from Washington State so the weather was no issue.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by casper02 View Post
    We had a potluck BBQ at a friends house with tons of yummy food, water slides, and a trampoline for the kids. While it was cool here for Guam it was a good day to be outside and the majority of us are from Washington State so the weather was no issue.
    Dd you guys not get the thunderstorms and horrible downpours up there? It was horrible down this way. I was quite a sight to see walking the dogs in the pouring rain wearing Wyatt with a rain coat over the two of us earlier
  6. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Happy 4th of July!!

We're bbqing and drinking with friends tonight. There's fireworks on post but its like a twenty minute drive one way and I don't think anybody's going to be sober enough for that

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Senior Member
    We are going to the on base celebration festival and entering Sherlock in the dog show they are having. After we get our fill of festivities we will come home and walk out to the fields outside our village to watch the fireworks. We can see them from base even though we're 20 minutes away because our village is on top of a hill
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    Happy 4th of July!!

We're bbqing and drinking with friends tonight. There's fireworks on post but its like a twenty minute drive one way and I don't think anybody's going to be sober enough for that
    That's exactly how it is here, Graf is 25 minutes from us and the fire works don't start until 10:30. And, due to budget cuts there's no shuttle back and forth this year... they're just asking for trouble IMO. People are gonna be drunk by 10:30

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Dd you guys not get the thunderstorms and horrible downpours up there? It was horrible down this way. I was quite a sight to see walking the dogs in the pouring rain wearing Wyatt with a rain coat over the two of us earlier
    It rained a bit in the morning but the BBQ started at 2 and the weather was dry then. We were overcast most of the time but everyone stayed dry.

I bet that was a sight, when we first got here and were taking walks at night it was pretty common to be drenched by the time we got home.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by casper02 View Post
    It rained a bit in the morning but the BBQ started at 2 and the weather was dry then. We were overcast most of the time but everyone stayed dry.

I bet that was a sight, when we first got here and were taking walks at night it was pretty common to be drenched by the time we got home.
    Sounds like you guys faired way better than us down here!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast