Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Keeping Presents a Secret?

1. Senior Member

Keeping Presents a Secret?

Advertisements
    Me and DB are aweful and keeping what we got for each other a secret. And it's really a shame because my favorite part is opening the presents and being suprised. He already knows two of the three things I'm giving him, and I know he's getting me the Matched Trilogy box set, a Books-a-Million card and an iPad (I certainly didn't ask for an iPad but he's so excited about giving me one.). In fact, he sent me pictures he was so excited. Does anyone else have this problem?
  2. Senior Member
    I do! I'm horrible at keeping secrets also!
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    The only problem we really have is a joint checking account. We can see where each of us buy something so unless it's a general store like Walmart or something, we can get idea.

I bought his stocking stuffers today & put them in my make up kit because it locks

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Senior Member
    Yes, we both do. Literally as soon as a gift comes in the mail both of us have to give it.

I got DB the Resident evil anthology, and I'm trying sooooo hard to keep it a secret. He was so bummed today when he looked online and saw it went up in price, because hes been wanting to buy it so badly. I had to bite my tongue not to tell him I already got it. (And thankfully I did when I did, saved $60!)
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kms51211 View Post
    I do! I'm horrible at keeping secrets also!
    It's just so hard! I get so excited about what I got him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    The only problem we really have is a joint checking account. We can see where each of us buy something so unless it's a general store like Walmart or something, we can get idea.

I bought his stocking stuffers today & put them in my make up kit because it locks
    I could see how the joint bank account could make that problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    Yes, we both do. Literally as soon as a gift comes in the mail both of us have to give it.

I got DB the Resident evil anthology, and I'm trying sooooo hard to keep it a secret. He was so bummed today when he looked online and saw it went up in price, because hes been wanting to buy it so badly. I had to bite my tongue not to tell him I already got it. (And thankfully I did when I did, saved $60!)
    I'm just like that, too. It's a miracle I haven't told him I'm getting him turtle beaches for his xbox.
  6. Senior Member

I always tell..
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    I always tell..
    Awe. It's okay, I'm sure they're still happy even if they know early.
  8. Senior Member
    DH is good at surprising me, but I can't surprise him. The man never gives me any ideas and I have to ask 'would you like this?' The other day we went to a local shooting range and I told him what my gift idea was - membership to the range....and I asked if he would use it, and it's a no.

So....he's never surprised, and that annoys me. lol