Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Happy St. Nicholas Day!

1. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.

Happy St. Nicholas Day!

Advertisements
    Today, Saint Nicholas is still celebrated as a great gift-giver in several Western European countries. According to one source, in medieval times nuns used the night of 6 December to deposit baskets of food and clothes anonymously at the doorsteps of the needy. According to another source, on 6 December every sailor or ex-sailor of the Low Countries (which at that time was virtually all of the male population) would descend to the harbour towns to participate in a church celebration for their patron saint. On the way back they would stop at one of the various Nicholas fairs to buy some hard-to-come-by goods, gifts for their loved ones and invariably some little presents for their children.While the real gifts would only be presented at Christmas, the little presents for the children were given right away, courtesy of Saint Nicholas. This and his miracle of him resurrecting the three butchered children made Saint Nicholas a patron saint of children and later students as well.
    Happy Saint Nicholas Day to those who celebrate him!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Happy St. Nickolas day to everyone!!! What did your kids get in their boots?
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    UGH!! DH and I were totally planning on starting this with DD this year and I spaced to buy candy and stuff lol! Guess it's a good thing she's only 16 months, maybe next year we'll remember
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Justangelyn View Post
    UGH!! DH and I were totally planning on starting this with DD this year and I spaced to buy candy and stuff lol! Guess it's a good thing she's only 16 months, maybe next year we'll remember
    I think you could still do it, she doesn't know what date it is I think we will do it next year too though!
  5. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    Quote Originally Posted by *Emma* View Post
    I think you could still do it, she doesn't know what date it is I think we will do it next year too though!
    I put an orange in her shoe. Does that count hahahha
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Justangelyn View Post
    I put an orange in her shoe. Does that count hahahha
    Toooootally