Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elf on the Shelf

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Big Grin Elf on the Shelf

Advertisements
    Is anyone doing it? We started ours last night

Here's tonights pics!

2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

What is the thought behind this? I have never quite understood it.

Cute pic btw.
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    What is the thought behind this? I have never quite understood it.

Cute pic btw.

Elf on the Shelf > About Us > The Tradition

"The tradition begins when Santa sends his scout elves out to Elf Adoption Centers. Waiting for their families to bring them home, these patient elves hibernate until their family reads The Elf on the Shelf, gives their elf a very special name, and registers their adoption online. Once named, each scout elf will receive its Christmas magic and become a part of the family’s Christmas each and every year.

Excellent listeners and even better observers, these scout elves are the eyes and ears of Santa Claus. Although they cannot be touched, or else they may lose their magic, the elf will always listen and relay messages back to Santa. Taking in all the day-to-day activities around the house, no good deed goes unnoticed; these scout elves take their job seriously.

Each night, after the family goes to bed, the scout elf uses his magical Christmas powers to fly back to the North Pole. Once there, the elf will make his or her daily report to Santa and visit with elf friends where they will tell stories about their beloved families, play with the reindeer, and of course, sneak some of Mrs. Claus’ cookies!

Before the family awakes each morning, their special scout elf will fly back to their home from the North Pole. However, since these elves like to play games, don’t expect to find them in the same spot! While some like to hide in the freezer (probably because it reminds them of the North Pole) and others prefer to sit on the fireplace mantle or hang from the chandelier, these elves love to play hide-and-seek with their families.

On Christmas Eve, the scout elf will listen for Santa’s bell and then fly back to the North Pole until the next season, wishing every girl and each boy a Christmas of peace and a year full of joy. Join the tradition and adopt your own Elf on the Shelf now!"
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We will start next year. He's still too little to understand it. I LOVE the tradition and the thought behind it, though. I'll probably just make my own elf, though, Macy's had the book & elf sets 'On Sale' for $35!
  5. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    I love this! My sister does it with my nephews and I plan on doing it with Peanut once she's old enough.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    We will start next year. He's still too little to understand it. I LOVE the tradition and the thought behind it, though. I'll probably just make my own elf, though, Macy's had the book & elf sets 'On Sale' for $35!

I think target has it around that price too.
  7. Moderator

We do it!

DH is the creative one and he's gone. I'm going to have to really think hard to top last year. I'm going to start on Dec 1st this year.
  8. There's no testimony without the test.
    There's no testimony without the test.
    My sister started that with her kids last year. For some reason she would make a big mess that she knew was just going to double her already hectic work load. Once the 'Elf' got toothpaste and tissue all over the kids bathroom. Once there was flour all over the kitchen table with 'Elf' prints in it. I like the idea better of the elf just hiding. That way there is no mess to clean up. Like maybe one morning it being on top of a ceiling fan blade or something.
  9. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    I want to do this. I always tell them that Santa's elves are always helping santa and watching to see if you're being good....so to have an elf REALLY there watching, would be a good idea.

10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Totally doing it! We aren't going to start until closer to Yule though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast