Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk to me about wine...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Talk to me about wine...

Advertisements
    I've had it twice in my whole 2 years of being legal age. Both were red wine, both tasted like I was drinking roses, and both were gross.

Anyway, I think I want to be fancy for Thanksgiving and get a bottle... I was thinking white wine? What is a good one?
  2. Senior Member
    What do you like? sweet or dry?

3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I cannot help you with white. I find them to be mostly gross. Sindorella has tried a bunch of whites...
  4. Senior Member
    I'm guessing you're gonna want sweet wine?

I'm personally a dry wine kind of person.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Senior Member
    Get a pinot grigio. Ecco Domoni is a pretty solid, inexpensive one to try. If you want to try a sauvignon blanc I suggest Oyster Bay, delicious!
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by pftube View Post
    What do you like? sweet or dry?
    I'm helpless

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I cannot help you with white. I find them to be mostly gross. Sindorella has tried a bunch of whites...
    Fancy schmancy red wine drinker My Aunt was giving me wine drinking lessons the most recent time we had some. I can imagine you doing the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    I'm guessing you're gonna want sweet wine?

I'm personally a dry wine kind of person.
    I have noooo idea.

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Get a pinot grigio. Ecco Domoni is a pretty solid, inexpensive one to try. If you want to try a sauvignon blanc I suggest Oyster Bay, delicious!
    What does white taste like as opposed to red? Or these ones in specific?
  7. Senior Member
    They're all kind of specific, here's a brief run down

Reisling - most are sweet, but some are more crisp and some are more syrupy. Typically the cheaper reislings are going to be sugary sweet. It's considered a dessert wine.
    Moscato - Very sweet, the sweetest wine other than ice wine in my opinion. Also, not good at all in my opinion.
    Pinot Grigo - More dry and crisp than other white wines, can be fruity but usually just more crisp
    Sauvignon Blanc - usually they all have hints of grapefruit to me. Pinot and this are my favorite white wines; easy to drink.
    Chardonnay - A billion different varieties so it's hard to describe. Some can be buttery and some can be very dry. Most tend to be more dry than buttery to me
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  8. Senior Member

The only kind I like is Moscato. Most other kinds I have tasted taste like cough syrup to me. Moscato is sweet like a juice.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    They're all kind of specific, here's a brief run down

Reisling - most are sweet, but some are more crisp and some are more syrupy. Typically the cheaper reislings are going to be sugary sweet. It's considered a dessert wine.
    Moscato - Very sweet, the sweetest wine other than ice wine in my opinion. Also, not good at all in my opinion.
    Pinot Grigo - More dry and crisp than other white wines, can be fruity but usually just more crisp
    Sauvignon Blanc - usually they all have hints of grapefruit to me. Pinot and this are my favorite white wines; easy to drink.
    Chardonnay - A billion different varieties so it's hard to describe. Some can be buttery and some can be very dry. Most tend to be more dry than buttery to me
    When you say crisp I think of apple flavored... that's probably incredibly inaccurate right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    The only kind I like is Moscato. Most other kinds I have tasted taste like cough syrup to me. Moscato is sweet like a juice.
    Like what kind of juice though? I just get so confused when people describe flavors as dry or crisp...
  10. Senior Member
    I'm not a fan of red wine, either. You should try a pinot grigio. I have cheap taste, and my favorite is cupcake pinot. It's delicious! If you're into sweets, I'd really recommend trying Moscato or reisling, too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast