Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: gift for parents

1. Senior Member

Confused gift for parents

Advertisements
    doesn't it feel good when you know in advance exactly what to get everyone for Christmas well...thats ALMOST me... i'm already set for everyone EXCEPT for my parents...i'm stuck!!! they are always the hardest to buy for...

i used to always just go in on a gift with my siblings and let them come up with the idea and just them give some money but as i've gotten older i like to come up with my own gift for them. sometimes i do one gift for the both of them, sometimes a little gift for each parent, sometimes a combo of both. last year i gave them a couple giftcards to restaurants, and then a little trinket each tailored to mom or dad. another year i did their wedding photo on a nice blanket. with my siblings a few years ago we all went in on giving them a mini vacation for them, so sometimes we will collaborate for big things like that in the future. but not this year.

i want to get my parents one, nice gift this year...i'm out of ideas!!! help!! i know you don't know them and what they like...but really just pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. i need help brainstorming!!! i'd like to steer away from giftcards this year because that's largely what i gave them last year. cool, unique ideas preferred

ETA: also, feel free to list what you are getting your own parents for Christmas this year or in the past as well, because that could help me think too
  2. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    My Mom just got a dog, so I'm sure that we'll be doing a furbaby themed something. Like a gift certificate for the dog to go to the groomers while Mom goes to a spa.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Well for my mom I'm getting a diamond candle and for my dad I'm getting him a gift certificate to an auto detailing place that comes to your house.
  4. Senior Member
    My mom wants chirstmas pictures of DD and my dad wants whatever my mom does...
  5. Senior Member

how about this, what was the last Christmas gift you gave your parents that was "dual" (intended to be enjoyed by both of them)? looking to spend $50 or less this year.
  6. Senior Member
    My Gift is intended for both ( not positive yet if this is what I am going with or not ) My parents are re-doing their living with a coastal\nautical theme and my mom saw this piece of art at Kohl's she really wanted. I was going buy that and add one of those vacation fund jars and put money in it for them for their trip the beach this summer. My mom adores the beach and hasn't been able to go due to her cancer, well Wednesday we were told she is cancer free, so they are planning their trip this summer!

Peace is my wifey!!!!
  7. Senior Member
    This is what i've bought for my parents

For my mom : season 1 & 2 downton abbey, pioneer cook book, a laptop

For my dad : a knife set, a oversizes spatula Mr. Bar B Q Stainless Steel Oversized Spatula because he love to grill, and a vacuum sealer.