Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you decorate when your S/O is gone?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Do you decorate when your S/O is gone?

Advertisements
    I'm sure people with kids still decorate for the holidays, but for those without or before you had kids did you decorate for the holidays when your spouse wasn't home?

My mom is all over me daily because she know's I'm not going to decorate for the holidays and has 'threatened' to do so when they visits for Thanksgiving. I'm just not into it this year we're in our first home together and he wont be here so I don't want to decorate until next year. Not to mention I wont even be here for Christmas or the week after, I'll be in New York. I'm really terrified my mom is going to bring a bunch of things to decorate and I'm going to have to put my foot down and say no, married for two and a half years and I still have a hard time telling my mother no .
    Banned
    I am child free, and I always decorate for Christmas. I leave the tree up until my husband is home so that we can do Christmas together.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post
    I am child free, and I always decorate for Christmas. I leave the tree up until my husband is home so that we can do Christmas together.
    I thought about this but it would be about 5-6 months and I have two dogs under a year and two cats, the decorations would be destroyed by the time DH gets home .
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HisCrazyGirl View Post
    I thought about this but it would be about 5-6 months and I have two dogs under a year and two cats, the decorations would be destroyed by the time DH gets home .
    You can always do a small table tree or something. There is always a way to get into the holiday spirit!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Even if I didn't have Aubs, I would-- holidays and seasons are VERY important to me. Always have been for some reason. So yeah, I always decorate. I would probably leave the stockings up until he got back.
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

6. Senior Member
    I decorated for myself both times when DH was gone over Christmas. I had a mini pre-lit tree both times and I still put up stockings and stuff. I love the holidays and I knew he'd want me to still celebrate.
  7. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I always decorated. Even when I was a college kid in a dorm, even now that I live alone. It makes me happy.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yes, I always have. We also aren't the type to hold holidays until he gets back, sometimes we just aren't all together on holidays/special occasions.

The only thing I don't do if he isn't home is at Christmas I don't put up all of his outdoor decor. I'm not hanging out in the cold hanging lights on the house. When he isn't home, I have a bunch of the outdoor spiral trees and those are the only thing that go up if he's either not here when the weather is good to put up outdoor stuff or if he won't be home for the holiday or to take them down. If I have to do set up and/or tear down by myself, just the spiral trees go in the yard.
  9. Senior Member
    Even when he's home we only have a 2.5ft tree
  10. Robin :)
    Robin :)
    A little bit not much though, I think when the kids get older I'll completely decorate!
    We Survived Deployment #1 July 2011-Feburary 2012
    We Survived Deployment #2 July 2013-April 2014

I'm the Pink in a household full of Blue
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast